What's up with.. MONGU?

I see all these “Mongu” edition yoyos

image image

and I’m wondering… What the heck is Mongu?

http://yoyo.wikia.com/wiki/Mongu

Looks like a Duncan-specific thing?

6 Likes

No idea

2 Likes

Weirdness. Weirdness abounds.

4 Likes

The Mongu FHZ came out 10 or 12 years ago, maybe longer. I believe that was the first use of its likeness on a yoyo. It’s pretty collectible as far as FHZs go. The pics you showed are I think both Duncan products as well.

7 Likes

Yeah it seems to be super Duncan specific… and 2005 would be just about 13 years ago!

I thought maybe it was some crazy anime japanese thing I hadn’t followed or something.

2 Likes

Deth made some mongo hoodies i believe.

3 Likes

I remember when THE Freehand to have was the Mongu edition. I think only 40 were ever made.

4 Likes

How random… Has there been any actual character development for Mongu? Or is it just… Mongu for the sake of being Mongu…

2 Likes

Yeah, we had a few of those floating around somewhere. They had the full zip up hood that covered your face so you can be mongu lol.

5 Likes

Reminds me of Domo
SL1307

6 Likes

If you don’t know Mongu, you haven’t been around here much. :wink:

3 Likes

IMG_7581

9 Likes

Well that’s… disturbing…

4 Likes

*wispering* we arent supposed to talk about mongu’s identity

4 Likes
6 Likes

Mongu… is returning

5 Likes

Looks like a cappuccino!

1 Like

Mongu is the hero the yoyo-community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we’ll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he’s not our hero. He’s a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark(brown) knight.

4 Likes

IMO the colorways and engravings look ugly af lol. Sorry, i had to.

2 Likes

Well brown is basically nobody’s favorite color… though I do like a sparkly brown on cars, myself!

2 Likes