What trick are you working on?

Use a beat yoyo. The dings help rip the string out from under the yoyo.

1 Like

Still stubbornly working on Follow (I’ve barely landed 2 reps, and those were flukey!) and trying to smooth out Trapeze Follow a bit at a time (much more successful, but it’s still not “wow, that looks great!” yet).

Not too much else other than that! Going to try my hand at some Brain Twister elements.

1 Like

I keep trying yuuki slack but i can’t get past the first roll from trapeze to double or nothing. I just don’t get it.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

Buddha’s Revenge.
Matrix

1 Like

Ooooh thise are fun once you have them down. I always end up doing 3 or 4 matrixes into a buddhas revenge 3 or 4 times and so on.

I am currently working on mastering Kwijibo. I can do it every now and then.

I am also working on Leg Wrap Trap being that it is the only other trick on my YYE list in the Advanced Part 1 section.

1 Like

Working on a few things, for starter I have this backwards chopsticks thing where my hand is upside down and I’m trying to find the start of a good trick from there. I am also trying to smooth out my 5a and land some extra tricks in that. I was throwing 3a today and copied some stuff from Mack Finley’s reflection video so I’m happy about that.

Here’s how I learned this trick by breaking it down into steps and practicing each step.

1. Land trapeze
  2. Pinch string and hold (thumb and pointer finger) with non-throw hand.
  3. Bring throw hand closer to non-throwhand, creating slack.
  4. Practice swinging around your yoyo around almost like a pinwheel but you are still holding that pinch.

At first, don’t focus on controlling the slack so that it is in the gap when you swing the yoyo around, but on just swinging it around with control. Sometimes you accidentally catch it in the gap and then you will see it carry the slack around.

Once you have this principle down, its just a matter of catching the slack with your finger to reverse direction and repeat, back and forth. It takes work to make it look like Yuuki, of course.

2 Likes

Horizontal double laceration… It’s easier to land it at an angled throw instead of a full on horizontal one.

1 Like

Ive been working on getting chopsticks down but I cant seem to get the yoyo inbetween my two fingers! Does anybody have a good idea on how to solve this problem?

1 Like

I can land the chopsticks… the tip I’ve seen a few times is that it’s really about getting the right string segment length and then pushing into the string with the NTH thumb rather than trying to “flip” the yoyo around the NTH thumb.

My problem is that once I’m in the core/base/standard/whatever chopsticks mount, I don’t know a single thing to do in there. :wink:

1 Like

I actually invented a trick of of the thumb mount (the one where the yoyo is only on one string). I am going to make a tutorial for it eventually…but that might be a good while from now.

Until then, get inventive! Just mess around with it.

1 Like

I just got my first uneesponsive yoyo and I’m working on the suicide. Before I had the maverick and kept some thick lube on it for responsiveness, but I got tired of being smacked in the face when I moved on to harder tricks. With the suicide I still haven’t managed to get my finger in the loop. Any tips?

1 Like

Nothing really. I’m working on Grandma Kimmit Sandwich, I know it but am still trying.

Tyler Severances Minute GT.

And for some reason I stink at Brent Stole so I practice and fail it all day long haha!

1 Like

Check this out and see if you like how it looks. This is the first chopsticks trick I learned and love to mix it up with Paul Dang/Jason Lee chopstick type tricks. This trick is called Chopsticks Wong Jensen.

1 Like

Some GTs that I accidentally got into.

1 Like

Still working on Follow…

Added Superman to the list!

1 Like

I feel like follow is going to be like plastic whip or ninja vanish. Once you can do it it’s going to be pretty easy. Even jade whip, which is the learning tool for follow (from what I’ve read and it seems logical) is a 90% success rate trick. It’s 100% if I make sure string tension is correct.

I still can’t do follow though… but I’ll keep trying. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you’re right! Trapeze Follow, which uses a similar “pinch and flip around” motion is a touch simpler, but at the beginning it was El Sucko for me. Now I’m pretty consistent!

For Jade Whip, I’m very consistent. I wouldn’t say 100%, but very much up there. What I can’t seem to do is have confidence with the re-pinch for Follow… I might need to try a different way of pinching or something… I’m sure not everyone does it exactly the same.

1 Like