What surface does titanium spark best on?

Finally got a titanium yo-yo and want to spark it up. I tried my concrete driveway didn’t work. But I got a couple sparks on asphalt. So what surface would produce the most sparks? Maybe rocks?

4 Likes

Most probably asphalt.

Brick works pretty well. For demonstration purposes you could stick some sandpaper to the floor or wall and scrape it on that.

2 Likes

Wish i could afford to wreck a titanium. This hurts my heart.

4 Likes

Sorry buddy. If it helps. I bought it used and it had vibe to begin with. I wouldn’t have intentionally damaged a perfectly fine titanium. Plus this is my new permanent edc yo-yo. I don’t want to worry about damaging something that is going to hang from my belt loop everyday. That’s why I wanted a titanium beater. Plus it did very minor damage.

4 Likes

Front teeth are the best

5 of the worst choices for sparking would be:

Water

Butter

Pop Tarts

A Human skull

Baby diapers

5 Likes

haha, no worries, i’m just jealous and would really be too afraid to even throw a titanium based on cost alone… but it would be cool to throw walk the dog and fire a shower of sparks from it too.

1 Like

I think the idea was to be less afraid to throw a yo-yo made of a titanium. Please get one I am sure you will enjoy, if you do get a titanium I am also sure it will not be your last.

As for sparking a new titanium why? That seems like abuse no use to me.
I guess if it had already been beat up…. and you did not get taken to the cleaners on price when you picked it up. Do us all a favor, have at it make a variety of videos of different surfaces slo-motion and post them. That way we can all get the this buggy idea out of our heads or maybe for sum the bug put in our heads.

I would like to 2nd a surface, slow! descent into a stick of room temperature butter in slow motion

1 Like

I sparked my brand new raw Ti-Vayder within a week of owning it. What I find amazing is how little damage it actually does. Ive also used it as a 5A beater and it has been dropped on brick countless times. I could still probably sand/buff/polish it down to look almost mint. Dropping an aluminum yoyo once will do far more damage.

I get good sparks from my cobblestone brick patio.

4 Likes

I’m not to sure of the butter thing :man_shrugging: But why not? I’m going make a video anyway. Stay tuned.:rofl:

2 Likes

It will be awesome slow motion anything is great. Thank you in advance

1 Like

Be careful, there are many city ordinances prohibiting the sparking of titanium yo-yos due to drought conditions and global warming.

3 Likes