What should I buy on YYE that’s cool?

Hey yye peeps. I’ve been away for a few years. Now that I have more money I’d like to get back into the groove and scene. Hit me up with anything that has come out in the last 4-5 years.

5 Likes

Literally every Yoyo on the market that’s good enough to be on YYE is worth your attention. You really can’t go wrong with anything nowadays.

6 Likes

Good yoyos got cheap and cheap yoyos got good. Unless you have something specific in mind, you’ll be pretty happy with anything you like the look of.

1 Like

I also came back earlier this year after a few years away.

I would say look at the YYF K Edge, the YYR Anomaly and Overdrive Draupnir, the Kuntosh from One Drop and the TopYo Dominator.

2 Likes

I have more pics 1 of 2 mfd casear lost oasis

MFDs have gone quite a bit up. I have a Green Purple White and Clear Splash Ape-X MINT.

I hate selling but $150 is what I have been told is the value, it’s in my BST threat w other throws you will love too.

Right now if I were to buy something I would hit up the Basecamp deal that they have going. I have a Navigator and it is incredible. Which ever one you choose will earn you a free Sherpa. Those look very fun.

4 Likes

One Drop Sugar Glider.

2 Likes

Grasshopper GTX is about to be restocked. It’s amazing and only 75.

1 Like

You really need to list your preferences, tell us what you like, because there are too many choices.

In the absence of any input at all: Duncan Mayhem for organic, Duncan Grasshopper GTX for V(ish) bimetal, One Drop Kuntosh for W, and iyoyo Iceberg for hybrid H.

6 Likes

Everything. It’s all beautiful. But seriously, there’s some really good options on the site! The guys here will steer you in the right direction.

2 Likes

I mean… what do you want? What’s your budget? If you’re just making yourself a “coming back” package, I’d recommend:

Something made out of 7068 aluminum since that’s all the craze nowadays. YYF’s Ultra series has been pretty good to me so far though a fair few brands are doing 7068 stuff nowadays. I personally love my Space Crown Ultra and Blade. (Still need to grab a Good Life Gulch.)

I guess a competition bimetal? Something that really exemplifies the current meta—v-shaped, light, powerful. YoYoFriends Hummingbird would fit that bill.

Something “new-wave organic” like the Duncan MayheM or One Drop Overture.

Something super light like the Smashing Float though those don’t seem to be in stock anymore at YYE.

Something oversized like the One Drop Par Avion.

Something that’s an old design that’s been modernized. Shutter Wide Angle might be interesting if you have an OG Shutter.

Maybe start collecting some of the throws that are becoming must-haves according to the community. YYF ND, Edge, and Shutter; OD MMC and Top Deck; Duncan Grasshopper GTX come to mind.

Edit: added YYF Edge to list

You should buy this.

2 Likes

You should buy a TiVayder, yes:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I was just looking at the dominator! Have you thrown it? Just curious, because there aren’t any reviews/discussions about it that I can find. Im gonna get it regardless, but just wanted to see what others have said about it

1 Like

Sorry about the TiVayder recommendation. YYE has the one drop Kuntosh so I second that.

Yeah it’s excellent, I’m working on a review for it. It is a great all-around bi-metal

I got it for $49 and it’s as good as any yo-yo ever sold at that price IMO.

1 Like

The price is why I want it lol. I don’t wanna drop a lot of money on my first bi-metal in case I don’t love how they play.

The blue electroplating on the steel rims looks awesome

1 Like

I just got the Duncan Grasshopper Gtx! Thanks everyone! Definitely keep the suggestions coming.

7 Likes