What Kind of Cases are These?

I got your original point. I just want a yoyo. No string or anything else is important to me. Extras are nice but the cost of the extras has to be added into the price of the yoyo. I’d be fine to get the yoyo unscrewed and wrapped in newspaper if the cost of the box with printing or sticker on it increased the cost of the yoyo by $2. Sorry I derailed the OP.

3 Likes

I can’t buy a Custom House Gibson Les Paul without it coming in a high-quality hardshell case. There is no option to buy one minus the case for $180 less. The case is part of the product. That’s Gibson’s prerogative as a seller of premium products, and I don’t have any problem with that. It’s called having multiple product tiers.

11 Likes

Five second rule is only applicable if people are around. Same thing with pulling out a chair for a woman. If there’s no woman around why pull out the chair? Seems silly.

2 Likes

I have Chris mindset for fancy boxes, that’s the first thing I put aside when playing yoyos. But your reference for the musical industry makes me think again about it. I know the guittar case is super important when carrying a guittar, normally yoyos goes in the pocket… But that is what it is: multiple product tiers.
Thanks for the reflection👍

2 Likes

That’s another good point for wonder… I always have heard that this rule apply for 3 seconds, not 5… How interesting…

2 Likes

Maybe the pizza passing through the nose gives an extra 2 seconds of floor safety :thinking:

2 Likes

In the southern hemisphere it’s 3 seconds…

1 Like

Only for buyers who intend to carry the guitar around a lot. I, for instance, might not carry it around at all (after getting it home). It might be exclusively a home/studio guitar, not a touring instrument. And even when taking it to rehearsal or to a studio, I could use any one of the many gig bags I already own. An expensive hardshell case is not a “necessary” accessory for all buyers, but it is nevertheless a compulsory one in the case of Gibson’s premium guitars. This isn’t driven by necessity, but by Gibson’s desire to place such instruments in a prestige-oriented luxury product tier.

5 Likes

Nah, it’s 5 seconds for sure. Stretch it out to ten for dry stuff.

3 Likes

I should have checked my conversion chart. You are correct.

2 Likes

Hahahaha that’s curious how the case subject turned into rules of fallen food etiquette. :smiley:

3 Likes