What is Your Go-To setup for Your favorite(s) Yo-Yo?

What is your go-to setup?

Mine are:

Edge Beyond - CBC Yellow Pads, Nytro String, CenterTrac Bearing

BiND - CBC Red Pads, Plutonium String, CenterTrac Bearing

Boy - Plutonium String, otherwise stock

Grasshopper GTX - Plutonium String, otherwise stock as well

Overdrive Draupnir - Stock with Plutonium String

Alta - CBC Blue pads, CenterTrac Bearing, homemade string

I hope to find some ideas for future setups!

5 Likes

Top Deck - Original Throw concave, OD pads

Dang 2 - Center trac, OD pads

Legendary Terrarian - All stock

I currently have Kitty Fat in nearly all my throws.

There’s a Pixel bearing in my Komodo and the rest have either center tracs or Buddha Double Doubles. I keep pads stock and replace them with whatever I can get a good deal on. I’ve replaced a few with ilinx Mouse Pads and Buddha R Pads and I like them.

2 Likes

YYF Butter - NSK Gold Centertrac, Markmont Copernicus string
OD Panorama - have 8 of them but prefer UL SE’s with stock OD bearing and Markmont Cumulus Foam
YoYoFriends Hummingbird/Vulture - stock with Cumulus Foam

4 Likes

One Drop Top Deck with a concave, stock pads, @BadWolfeCo Rainbow Unicorn Dream goldilocks string

One Drop Silhouette with a concave, stock pads, Zipline Bazooka Blue string

6 Likes

I’m a simple man, everything is stock except for the string, which is standard across all my throws as well.

YoYoFriends Hummingbird: Stock Center-Trac bearing with pink Alphaline
Mowl Surveillance: Stock Center-Trac bearing with pink Alphaline again
OpYoYos Spright: Stock Center-Trac bearing with pink Alphaline as well
TopYo Ex: Stock Center-Trac bearing with pink Alphaline once more

7 Likes

Lately:
• PockeHt - stock w ZipLine Kot-N
• No Jive - thin homemade shim w 1 Turbo Disc & type 8 cotton
• RSO End pt2 w Zipline Executive class

7 Likes

TopYo Cloud with a Twisted Trifecta bearing, recessed red RTV, and StringLab Type X.

2 Likes

Do not forget the bandages for the Alta. Hahahaha it will “ Cut you up “ Peter Murphy reference for the aged or lovers of good dark music.
But the song sums up how I felt about the Alta it was a perfect size, nice powerful design really balanced, but it had a dark side it would cut like a knife trying to learn beef hook and those type of close to the finger tricks. So I gave it away after the 3 deep cuts not scratches. I tried to move past the scratches but the clean cuts 3 I was done. I felt guilty that I did not find a way to play it safely, so I gave it to a young person with faster nimbler hands than I. In hopes it would get the play it deserved and I could not give it.
It was like a break up that we both knew had to happen. And now I am driving by this post to let Alta know I still think of our time together, it was not all bad. No no actually it was that sh-t really hurt all bad glad your gone less pain is good. Ahhh if I did not write this I was going to start looking for one tomorrow. thank you

6 Likes

He was in Bauhaus.

3 Likes

FD Rooster - stock bearing, stock response, white Bad Wolfe Co Slicc string in goldilocks thickness.

4 Likes

I saw that coming!!!

2 Likes

These days;

1. TK No Jive eH Play SimPly, TK axle, Broken in Cotton (Currently a Zipline [kot-n])
  2. Basecamp Sherpa, CenterTrac, Natural PRO CBC SLIM Pads, 1st Class Kitty Fat
  3. Mowl Q, KonKave, Black Mowl response, Kitty Regulars
  4. @DocPop Bolt 2, KonKave ( or the stock flat bearing pending on color), stock C3 Purple pads, OD Bulk Poly Yellow
3 Likes

Yeah, that was totally predictable. For the most part, I leave my throws on “default” with the exception of string pairings. I do usually swap out the flat bearings in my ODs for something centering, but I am usually not picky about the exact bearing.

3 Likes

This week I’ve been stuck on:
-RSO End Pt2 with Zipline Skyline III
-A-rt 420 lite with Zipline Skyline III
-OD Panorama with Flat Caps SEs, NSK DS Plat, and Zipline Skyline III (flowed silicone response in this one too, slightly concave)

I think I have a string type? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

i’m one like @Hanker that likes to keep everything stock until it’s time to change it, but i have

Downbeat 2020 stock bearing and response w/yysl type x
FTY 138 with blue RSO pads and MFD Vines
FTY Project Ti standard pads ans yysl type x

4 Likes

true, those edges are sharper than a butter knife lol

1 Like

My favorite yoyos have non-standard sized pads, so I just use the type they come with:

Day Tripper/Weekender: CoreCo Pads, Alphaline String, Rubber-Shielded, Flat, Greased A-Bearing.
Deep State: Flow Groove Pads, Alphaline String, Rubber-Shielded, Flat, Greased C-Bearing.
Panorama: Flow Groove Pads, Alphaline String, Yoyo Recreation DS Bearing
Koi: Shadow Pads (YYT 19mm pads), Alphaline String, Yoyo Recreation DS Bearing

1 Like

What happened to Owen Ekblad Kitty string? I thought you loved using it on everything since you posted yoyos with that string so many times.

3 Likes

I’m playing it on my Freehand Ti, FH1ALs, Panorama and Mowl Highwalls for sure. I was just keeping my post to the few that have been in rotation for more than a year straight. If I would have listed them all I would have been typing all day. I also got on a throw back Duncan binge today with a 2007 Duncan Metal Zero and put some fresh Friction Stickers into an old Sparkle FHZ. That all being said the Owen Ekblad Kitty string is good. Now I’m going to play more yoyo.

5 Likes