What is wrong with my OD Rally?

Well the new throw arrived and it seems to behave the exact same way as the one I sent OD.  the OD10ball works okay-ish, not really up to my standards.  Any other grooved/centering bearing makes the throw unplayable.

Here is a video of the problem.  I took the G2 flavored grooved bearing out of my albatross and put it in the rally.

I sent OD the vid also, and we’re in the process of getting this all sorted out.

OD has been terrific as far as customer service goes tho, that is for sure.

Weird.  I’ve only had the OD 10ball and a Buddha Whipple in mine, both work great.

Take the yoyo apart and reassemble it with the string removed. Check for any debris in the bearing seat first. Once reassembled put the string on and try again. Assembling a yoyo with the string on the bearing can cause this problem.

1 Like

I had only put the bearing/string in/on that way to save time for the video, which didn’t work out the way I had imagined.

I can assure you, debris in the bearing seat is not the issue.

Anyway, OD and I have come to an agreement on how to resolve this. Will update in a few days.

When you swap a bearing into the rally, are you insuring that the bearing is being pushed onto the seat correctly? Does the bearing spin like normal with a finger flick when you put the bearing on the seat, before screwing the halves back together?

Also, make sure that the side effects (no actual side effects like on other od throws) are not popped out a little? With the Yo-Yo apart, push on each nipple In the cup to insure each is properly all the way in.

Keep us updated!

When swapping bearings, I am positive the bearing is properly in the seat. It does spin with a finger flick, there are some “rough” spots during the spin tho.

I was under the impression that there was no nipple/se system on the Rally, the whole little bearing seat/post assembly is pressed in and cannot be altered. Maybe I’m wrong.

Anyway, to wrap up the whole ordeal OD gave me the option to swap out my Rally for a benchmark, which I accepted. I really wanted the Rally to work for me because I’ve wanted a nice plastic for some time now. But after all the messing around and sending throws back and forth I just felt like I was trying to force something that wasn’t going to work.

OD understood and they were absolutely top notch thru this entire process. 10/10 for OD customer support without a doubt.