What is this strange beast?

I once saw this on a tramp, anyone have a clue what this might be :thinking:
I think its some alien honestly

5 Likes

Issa bug

1 Like

Do you know the scientific name? I cant find anything online

Bugus bugus

Tbh i havent seen that bug before either. It looks like a grass beetle but differently colored

1 Like

I found a bug called a shield bug that looks pretty similar in shape. Apparently they are a type of stink bug

Thanks, dont think Ill get closer to the answer than that

Looks like a shed carapace, rather than a whole bug.

3 Likes

I am by no means any kind of expert, but it looks like a carapace shed by some type of beetle. There are a lot of insects that shed their skin (carapace) similar to snakes. This looks sort of like that.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense than a translucent bug

3 Likes

It looks too perfect to be a shed carapace, I’m betting it’s an actual bug. There are transparent fish and transparent shrimp, no reason a transparent bug wouldn’t exist.

Ivan

literally both yall sent that at 1:03 lol

1 Like

If it’s got 8 legs, then it’s some kind of arachnid. Looks similar to some of the tick species I saw on Google, but none are an exact match. Also did a Google image search and this pic from the forum is the only match.

Are those extra appendages legs, or is it some sort of antennae or feelers attached behind the first pair of legs?

Possibly a developing pair of… FUNCTIONAL ARMS?

Ivan

Looks kind of like a stink bug but transparent. Weird.

Prior to today I would have assumed there was at least one forum member who’s an entomologist.

Thank you for the ideas, seems like only a pro could classify this

1 Like

That would be my guess.

Government drone for sure

1 Like

The brown marmorated stink bug is an insect in the family Pentatomidae, native to China, Japan, Korea and other Asian regions. In September 1998 it was collected in Allentown, Pennsylvania, where it is believed to have been accidentally introduced. The nymphs and adults of the brown marmorated stink bug feed on over 100 species of plants, including many agricultural crops, and by 2010–11 had become a season-long pest in orchards in the Eastern United States. I took a screenshot and my phone scanned it.