What is the best wide angle under 50 dollars yoyo

I want to know what the best budget wide angle yoyo is because I never had a wide angle before and wanted to try one

2 Likes

5 more bucks gets you the Shutter Wide Angle, which is a fantastic introduction to wider yoyos. One of my favs!

2 Likes

haymaker beta or any evan yoyo. The shwangle is weird. I don’t like it because the way it feels and plays, but it’s a preference thing. It’s not a bad yoyo, just not for me, which is why I’m selling one on eBay.

Yeah, but both people that think it’s a good throw or bad one can agree it’s a must try.

I’m a little confused by the question. Do you mean a good wide yoyo under 50 dollars or, a good shutter wide angle under 50 dollars?

3 Likes

A good wide yoyo under 50 dollars

Silenus! Or do you want something wider?

3 Likes

The best choice I can think of is the silenus or the shutter. For 5 more you could get a shutter wide angle

1 Like

Edge Ultimatum. Its $10 more but worth it, very wide, great performance and just really fun. My absolute favorite of the monometal edges, and probably second favorite of all of Evan’s yoyos just behind the Edge Infinity.

If you can hunt down a Mk1 Umbra on the BST it is another incredible wide yoyo.

1 Like

For 9$ more you can get a wide one with SIDE EFFECTS!!!

4 Likes

I haven’t tried the others, but the Shutter Wide Angle is one of my favorites.

1 Like

Lol, I like how he’s asking for something under 50 and we’re just saying “for just __ more you could get _________”

5 Likes

For 400 more you could get a titanium god yo-yo… Oh shhhh sorry…

In all seriousness have my vote for the Silenus.
Great stable chonker of a yo-yo. Catches every string you throw at it.
Not heavy feeling and comes in sooo many options.
Plays extremely well for its price.

Good luck in your search :+1:

4 Likes

Well free shipping over $50 at YYE, so… :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I figured when he said wide, he meant wide as a distinguishing characteristic. I can’t think of any yoyos as wide or wider than the wide angle shutter at less than $50 or I would have tossed them out there. I wanted OP to be aware there are some really excellent wide options available that are close to his budget, and under budget if he bought on the bst.

The silenius, colossus, and many others are great less than $50 choices, some wider than others, but until its 48mm+ in width I don’t really consider the width to be a distinguishing factor. The haymaker beta that was mentioned up thread is available at less than $50 and feels pretty wide, its a good yoyo but I don’t like it as much as the others I’ve mentioned. The 1-to-1 is also really wide, and its width==diameter setup gives it a really unique feel but it never really clicked with me. The OP 543 is really good, super wide but way out of budget and unavailable so I didn’t bring it up either.

Edit: there is the overthrow which is a big wide yoyo that I find pretty cool and fun, especially at $25, but it is fragile and prone to vibe and was widely :smirk: disliked so I can’t recommend it.

1 Like

That’s very true. The Silenus although playing well and having a good catch zone isn’t quite conventional wide angle.
I think OP sets an interesting challenge and there are great options in that price range.

Some good options here, I hope @Snooplupe finds something awesome.
Good luck :raised_hands:

1 Like

Shout out for the Yoyofactory Blade 2.0 Prototype - 48.3mm wide and about $40 if you can find one.

1 Like

Tbh @Snooplupe you should look for some of the yoyos that were mentioned here but were a little out of your price range on BST

2 Likes

Exactly but it’s better if I have more options so its ok

2 Likes

Thankyou everyone so much I made my choice and I’m about to get a silenius in blood moon

7 Likes