What drives your purchase?

Man jayyo you put a lot of thought into those alluring eyes of yours!

A little bit of everything: Reviews, specs, colors, shape, material, and cost. Place of origin doesnā€™t affect my decisions. As long as the yoyo seems to be a solid, stable performer, Iā€™m happy.

Do I have the money?

Can I make a profit by trading it in the BSTs?

Specs,Specs, and SPECS!!! It could be the greatest shape ever, but if its 50mm, Im almost always gonna pass.

I love 55mm and up throws. Most everything under that is too small for my hands, though there is a few exceptions (NM5,MMN,Peakā€¦etc)

Have I played it before? Did I like it?

Does it sleep? do i have any money?

How different is it from all my other yoyos?

How much does it cost?

Thatā€™s the big one for me. I donā€™t have a lot of cash to play with so I spend most of my time trying to find one that is different than what Iā€™ve got now.

After that, reviews, stock bearing, company, and color/material are all considered.

I over think buying yo-yos way way way too much. probably because iā€™ve got no money.

i really like heavy throws.
i can do undersized or oversized just fine.
grinds are not too big of a factor.
preferably no caps. (not too big of a factor)
itā€™s gotta look sexy.
i like angular shapes, too.
stacks are not a deciding factor. i can do 'em. i donā€™t need them, though.
i like metals, but i can do plastics if theyā€™re solid. bi-metals are cool, too.

there are just so many options and so little money. argghhhh

Weight, size, shape

Reviews
And Brand(sometimes)

My first is brandā€¦ There are some I am loyal toā€¦

2nd how different/unique is it compared to others?

3rd is size/shape?

N then bam $ gone

Brand name, and hype

Besides the priceā€¦

Reviews/word of mouth
Promotion/videos/photos of it
Specs,including overall looks, colors, design, shape and response type
The brand can make me more or less curious about it
Collectability, if it is unique, and few made, it gets my attention more
Me just being in a shopping mood, bored with what I have
having the extra cash drives purchases too
Incentives, like buy it now and get this free type stuff. Like YYE cards and a chance to win legit prizes.

Sometimes it only takes one of the above to trigger a purchase. Sometimes a lot more than one.

Price aside, I always check the reviews to see how it plays and what other pople think of it. I look at the specs (I dont like really small throws); also where it is made, if it is made in China, or some other cheap foreign country, they wont be getting my money. I like to keep my money in the USA or countries like canada, germany (they make good stuff boy), other european countries, etc.

First I would say brand if it is made by CLYW or One Drop.
Second weight is it less than 67 grams.
Third color can I get it in purple and green.
Last is shape. If all the above are met first then the shape is what makes it unique.

Specs, brand and price. I prefer to go with the smaller companies and spread my support among them.