What did you throw 2023?

Got this very sweet iyoyo sonic wave for xmas.
Super impressed so far
Processing: 1000005635.jpg…
Uploading: 1000005633.jpg…

3 Likes

Activated stealth mode today.

28 Likes

all these people posting their bathys makin me jealous

8 Likes

Next one I post I’m really hoping will be that orange one, eyes are peeled for that release.

2 Likes

You better quit playin games with my heart :notes:

For real though, how much longerrrrrr?

:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Sooooooooon :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The pics didn’t post for some reason

25 Likes

Hey how does the sonic wave play? And how does it compare the the iceberg?

3 Likes

Cannot put this down since I got the palay. What makes me that feels so comfy and plays perfectly in my hand…:face_with_monocle::smiling_face_with_tear:

30 Likes

This is getting out of hand!! Just give us a date already!

2 Likes

Normally it is winter :snowflake: here this part of the year. But feels more like early spring. Time for some :four::a: at the lake.

19 Likes

Yer Killin me smalls!

2 Likes

What is that Wednesday? 2016 Tropic Spins Shipwreck in the Interstellar Expedition colorway with some Duncan Pink Bulk Poly. Undercuts anyone?

27 Likes

Deeper State

29 Likes

I am fully on the permatex grey train :steam_locomotive:, I started with doing just a couple, then a few more, now it’s grey all the things. About halfway through the collection so far.

20 Likes

:hammer_and_pick::mount_fuji:

31 Likes

I got the ultra grey broken in and a good amount of time on it, I can say with certainty GTR-JS is amazing! Stable and powerful and very fun. I love the color and engraving on this new run.

Does anyone know what the “AXHOT” engraving means?

25 Likes

Hi @JosiahR

Apologies for the delay. I have never written a review of a yoyo, i am not the greatest player. My concern is i will describe something wrong and misleaded other yoyoers consider the yoyo.
But
I really like the sonic wave, and i also have loved my iceberg classic for a long while now.
The sonic is heavier than the iceberg and you can feel it. but it’s not that much in the hand, i noticed it more on the string.
It sounds similar, but quieter than the iceberg.
Very stable. wider then most of the yoyos i like but just at the width limit i can stand.
You don’t feel an metal when you hold or catch it, so it seems like your playing with a polycarbonate yoyo, but it feels and spins like a bi metal.
It grinds ok, there is some friction compared to some of the anodized yoyos. But that may change with use.
It seems to fuzz strings up fairly quickly, but that might change with use.
I can’t fingerspin at all, but i managed to do it a couple times on the sonic. I seems slightly tacky on the polycarbonate part of the cup, but the center dimple works great. I might be able to polish is up with denim, i will try that soon.
Good spin time. A bit of fingernail vib.
Nice on the catch, but it has a bit of the V yoyo bite, compared to an organic, or the Iceberg.
Very wide catch zone, the whole yoyo basically.
Slow speed binds great. I am using the zipline/sochi string, can’t remember name.
When attempting to control the tilt of the yoyo it plays much more like a wide v, like a peregrine, than the iceberg, which feels like a panorama by comparison, its easily done, just more input required.

I hope that is ok? Perhaps some other throwers more skilled than me will do some reviews of the Sonic Wave.

6 Likes

I asked this a while ago. Bryan from Duncan said it’s just the date code they use.

4 Likes

All Duncans have them, in case there’s a safety issue due to a manufacturer defect or something, the code shows which batch it came from.

4 Likes