What did you throw 2023?

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Parallel.

2 Likes

I’ve only played it for a few minutes mind you. But so far I like it. It having smaller diameter than Perpetual it doesn’t feel narrow like Perp kind of does.

Spin time and stability wise it feels like a full sized yoyo. And it has the same width as perp so you’re not missing out much there.

Compared to most modern comp throws it’s a little on the narrow side. So it’s undersized…but doesn’t feel “small” or like it’s made any compromises getting there.

It does have a little less power than Perp (which makes sense since the diameter is smaller) but makes up for it by feeling like it moves faster with easy.

4 Likes

Just “Boring Silver”

1 Like

Today is a good day

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

39 Likes

Throwing to G2 Ti Triton.

32 Likes

How you liking the new Martian ?

3 Likes

It’s pretty awesome. I’ve been throwing it a lot since I got it. The W1ld arrived today, so i took a break for a minute. But yeah, it’s near the top of the list of favorites. I like it more than the Bowls, so that’s saying something.

kgb

3 Likes

Had to say titanium because just Ti wasn’t enough characters.

2 Likes

I busted out the Joe… Calico Joe Freehand, that is. I really missed that guy. I hope he’s doing OK.

26 Likes

wish i knew what resist medium and technique he used to make that dye job… it’s so amazing!

4 Likes

I always thought it was just Elmer’s glue and ritz dye.

2 Likes

Yeah but the technique… is the glue a thin glaze but still a bit wet and then pattern scratched in? Elmers dissolves fast in my limited experience unless it goes on thick and fully dries… It just appears incredibly difficult to achieve without all the technical wisdom.

Sending the good vibes tonight to all your Klondike’s travels from YYE, tossing this around since I got home to no BD in the mailbox :confused:

28 Likes

The glue is put down into lines and then allowed to dry completely. Then you dye that sucker. Where the glue was will still be whatever color the throw was before you covered it in glue. I mean there’s no doubt he has mad skill but I believe that’s the “basic” process.

2 Likes

New bimetal testing

35 Likes

Little time with the Top Deck just until the mail arrives. Then it’s back to G2.

21 Likes

Oil slick :goat:

28 Likes

the projects

36 Likes

That colorway is so sick :fire:

4 Likes

Thats some legit yoyo-p**n :heart_eyes: Wonder how this would look with a black instead of a grey base :thinking:

2 Likes