What did you throw 2023?

I’ve been throwing Crop Circles all week since they arrived in the mail. My current favorite is this regular one in red oak.

In a lot of ways, it’s like a synthesis of all my Wildwood yoyos thus far. My first Wildwood was a red oak butterfly, and I love how it aged. I hoped there would be a red oak Crop Circle in the drop, so I’m very happy to get this one.

Play-wise, it feels like a cross between the beech v1 proto and Osage v2 proto that I’ve had the pleasure of playing with for the past several months.
Compared with the Jr. and Mini versions, the extra power due to the larger diameter allows me to be more laid-back and use less force when throwing. I can do the same tricks on the smaller ones, but I’d have to throw a bit harder.
Initially, the dimples on this would sometimes grab during fingerspins. But upon breaking in, it has become really smooth.

Appearance-wise, I love how the grains would sometimes look as if they came straight out of a cartoon. And Eric’s as cool as ever for letting me have beaver engravings. :beaver:

25 Likes

Elevation. Thought the rain would stop so I could take a walk around town and throw a little between reading. Not gonna happen but it feels good to be prepared. I was never in love with the Elevation but last night I put a Kitty reg on and now I love it. I was always hooked on putting thicker and goldilocks strings on my yoyos because I like the feel but I was just shortchanging myself. Have a great day.

28 Likes

I really like the Elevation. I have it in both polished gold and glossy black. I wish I could find one in raw like yours.

3 Likes

Throwing my 3D printed responsive today. Yoyo and counterweight are printed from Formlabs Tough2000 resin and the yoyo utilizes One Drop Cabal guts. 56mm x 32mm, 2.75mm gap, half-spec C bearing, 52g.

30 Likes

So…you printed this? It looks solid

3 Likes

I had it printed at work, we use the Formlabs resin printers for prototyping waveguides. Incredible print quality with this resin and .05mm layer height, no finishing after printing at all which is why the support leftovers are so gross lol. Both this and the matching unresponsive version are about as smooth as my Freehands

29 Likes

Out repotting plants, feeling dirty.

30 Likes

After putting more time into the Wyvern, it’s really starting to grow on me.
Feels like a tweaked Küntosh 5000QV.
Similar, albeit lighter, presence on the string.
But maintains a unique identity.

24 Likes

I got it in December 2021.

It’s a 28s Saturday :pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers:

36 Likes

nothing going on at work so I am getting some time in on the Hideyoshi. The rim weight is amazing. This thing has a lot of power. I noticed a lil ano flaw that looks like a shrieking ghost :ghost: :+1:

21 Likes

I really like mine! One of my favorite One Drops, for sure!

4 Likes

Wyvern is super underrated imo

5 Likes

Origen in the holster today.

26 Likes

the Peak embarrasses every subsequent edition 28 stories!

1 Like

In anticipation of the Pomodoro…the Koi! Fantastic organic.

28 Likes

Twinning w/ my boy @GTDropKnot from afar today

21 Likes

Somehow missed a dxl event, like didnt just have something going on but didn’t even know it existed lol

1 Like

Ayeeee! Let’s goooooo! How’d you know I’ve been throwing Hades all day?! Skull emoji

2 Likes

No Klondike? Do not approve Sir!!

2 Likes