What did you throw 2023?

Wow. That’s a thing of beauty.

1 Like

Been fiddling with my something double or nothing and my layer infinity kasm today. Kasm been getting the bulk of the play as I do some stalls in calls.

Double or nothing in working my mounts with trying to get more consistent in general.

I really love my fades from A&A on the kasm they play really well last a long time and feel great also the fade just looks cool. @IMArocketman
not to ruin the surprise but I’m betting that’s the next @theendofcake string review for A&A.

My double or nothing is rocking a blue poly/nylon blend from stringwerx that I absolutely love using. @Basix Michael’s string is my go to for 1A play.

Might be slightly cheating but I don’t care under the hood the double or nothing has a mazal top hybrid C bearing with a centering groove cut. Love the long spin on it. At some point I’ll make myself suffer and make that a flat but let’s land in the string better before we work on plane control.

20 Likes

23 Likes

no comment on the next string review hehe, how’s the double or nothing? saw it and wondered how people manage to use that for 1a

2 Likes

It sucked at first it’s annoying and makes me hate yoyo but when I do grind out a few attempts on it I feel it helps my accuracy. It is satisfying just to do simple stuff with it at times but it’s absolutely a fun challenge yoyo and not something you chill and just play with.

I work on stalls on my impact for the same reason the annoyingly tiny gap makes things have to be really on point or you miss by a mile. Similar motions to be honest but different vibes. Sometimes I don’t feel like doing a bind lol.

2 Likes

Oh yea!!!

3 Likes

I had a really good day at the mailbox. Two great yoyos, a mound of great strings and a bag full of bearings and response pads. I am incredibly grateful.

My big question is what does the string say. I feel like it has to be something.

22 Likes

What string did you get? Also absolutely lovely throws both on my list

2 Likes

the string says 2023, like

7 Likes

Well done. I was focused on letters. I turned that thing every whicha way trying to figure it out.

2 Likes

I would not have deciphered that either. It took a good 30 seconds to make it out after I knew what it was supposed to say :rofl:

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

5 Likes

same lol

3 Likes

I’ve been digging this FH1 without caps lately.
The axle hubs act like “fixed hub stacks” that allow pullstarts and fingerspins. I also prefer the lighter weight.

17 Likes

I got two yo-yos for my birthday which is a few days away. Don’t tell the Mrs but I couldn’t help break it out for a few binds. But she’s at work so … :sunglasses:
Pink cerakote Diorama. :heart:

31 Likes

Topyo Colossus R and Colossus VI

Also starting my Balisong journey with this Squid Industries Squiddy B

25 Likes

Thanks! Its purdy for sure <3

Deeper State this morning

24 Likes

All the Barracuda talk got me in the mood to throw mine. (And the GOAT is also pictured). Can someone recommend something very similar to it, but maybe a touch lighter with different weight distribution?

23 Likes

i’ve seen the klondike compared to the DaVinci, Will, and Shade. haven’t played any of them myself, but they’ve all got the same kinda extremely wide rims

5 Likes

I’m going to just wildly throw out a rec for tachyon. I’ve never thrown a Klondike but I imagine it has quite a lot of the bimetal “punch” with those big fatty rims on the outside. Tachyon has a ton of rim weight as well but it’s only 60g. Gives it a super interesting feel. Light as a feather but still really stable and powerful. Idk how yoyofriends did it.

3 Likes