What did you get in the mail today? 2021

Slam Dunk, b-grade Creep, and a book I’d pre-ordered about two years ago!

30 Likes

It’s here! finally I’d been waiting for this throw for a long time from FSYB & Fair Trade Yoyos, PV44. I’ve really been enjoying the project Y for a while and really wanted their newest throw so I signed up when pre regs were first open.

It’s beautiful.

30 Likes

That’s a nice swap

8 Likes

My Saturday Market Day Tripper came in today. Been loving learning modern responsive tricks, and when this showed up online I couldn’t pass it up.

The first few throws made me think this thing is just right. It feels super reliably responsive, and I’ve hit a few stalls and flips really easily. Feels like I have a lot of control, even with my limited experience.

32 Likes

thank you man, we appreciate it!!!

6 Likes

It’s not every day that someone makes you a reflection of some of your own work. This is a very very nice plastic umbra turned by @Glenacius_K as part of a trade. It’s how I imagined a plastic umbra would play!

39 Likes

Gifted from my teammate. Torches that he found at a garage sale(I think), vest came from the thrift shop

Those are quality fire eating torches.
And the vest is covered in sequins.

18 Likes

Where did you get side effects? I haven’t seen any for sale since early 2020.

2 Likes

They just recently put some up

10 Likes

They just dropped on the One Drop webpage they were going quick they may be gone. They sent out an email a week before on the One Drop news alert for subscribers, that is the only reason I new about the drop. It seems people either got Panoramas or Side Effects not many were fortunate to get both. I missed out on the throw, I will get a Panorama next drop.

2 Likes

I love this so much. Got so excited when I saw this, as well as @Glenacius_K 's take on the MMC. Mad props, Glen!

3 Likes

You will get your PTFE polyester Cloudberry, @rnsy!

6 Likes

Beyond hyped!

4 Likes

I finally got my new Canon to replace my broken one.

It’s a B-Grade, it has small dings, if you look closely on my pictures you can even see some on the rims. But dings of this size don’t mean anything for me haha. On the inside of one cup the anodization doesn’t look clean. It looks dirty and like you could wipe it off, but you can’t. But it’s so small I don’t care.

It’s also worth mentioning that the Canon that is sold on Yotricks is a different design now! The spike has gotten smaller and more sharper, the area around the spike is flat and the area below the rims where your thumb would sit in a Thalon Grind is flat now.

18 Likes

All three are nice choices. I missed this drop of the slam dunk but will definitely catch the next one, it looks like a really cool H/organic blend. The creep is a great mix of early clyw ideas with their own ideas, that is the best B Grade engraving ever. Rust is a fascinating language, and has been moving from what felt like a research language to something ready to take over for C/C++ very quickly. I’ve worked mostly in vulnerability research for the last 20 years and the kinds of bugs endemic to C are not really an issue with Rust.

5 Likes

Got my b7 Grail today and I want to caution people about this throw. I thought the original grail was really good but this version is almost too much. They took light and floaty to a new level. It’s past where I want it to be but someone might enjoy this. It’s probably the smoothest art throw I’ve tried but still has a touch of fingernail vibe.

33 Likes

I love me some ART fingernail vibe

8 Likes

If you ever decide to sell it, let me know. I’d love to try one.

3 Likes

my quail’s like a sports car in terms of fingernail vibe

4 Likes

I’m thinking about listing it on the bst soon

4 Likes