What did you get in the mail today? 2021

Brand new and already on the BST! I take it that it wasn’t a good fit?

3 Likes

I agree. It’s a great throw. It feels real small after the big guys but it handles everything nicely.

2 Likes

Lol it’s great, just trying to pay down my credit card :persevere:

Ps If it doesn’t sell I won’t be disappointed

5 Likes

I dont really have anything bigger, but this size feels ideal for me. I have 4 yoyos now and half of them are 53ish mm diameter, one is 55mm and that already feels a little too big for how long my strings are, the 4th is 50mm (I really love the snack lol). With the Passion I now have what I consider the 3 major shapes covered in that size range; Organic, H, and V.

4 Likes

I also prefer 53 - 54.5 or 55 diameter. I have a few that are 56, 57 (I think the Replay Pro is 58 but doesn’t play gigantic and I love that). With specs, I am paying more attention to gap widths and prefer 4.5 or larger because I’d rather use thicker strings to get to my comfort level than buy thinner string to accomodate an annoyingly small gap. I got a Duncan Roadrunner a while ago and did not look at the gap width beforehand - 4.1 gap? Gimme a break. Sorry for the rant.

5 Likes

Nah no need to apologize, I’m going through the same gap/string dilema at the moment. The Recess Snack has the most narrow gap width of my yoyos and I’m thinking of getting kitty thin just to try but I don’t want to waste money on 100 strings for one yoyo in my collection. Normal works just fine for everything else, but some strings are slightly thicker than others even in bulk packs and sometimes the Snack wants to snag.

4 Likes

Can anyone here recommend a thin string? Snack is 4.25. Pretty smallish. I just looked it up. Passion is 4.75. I never looked up Snack specs before but it is now off my wishlist. I’m not saying small gaps are inferior but in my opinion, small gaps require a lot of hunting around for the perfect string. I tried 4-5 different strings to get something that worked well in my Roadrunner.

3 Likes

Passion definitely feels more like 4.5 or even smaller possibly, I’m using normal thickness string right now and its binding nice and tight with “normal” effort.

Edit: YYE specs say 4.57mm gap.

4 Likes

My OCD really appreciates how a normal length, normal thickness string is basically exactly the same size as the lower side wall on the Passion.

3 Likes

Okay. I mixed up the numbers. I have a One Drop Top Deck and the gap is 4.5 and I love Kitty Fat on it and never get snags. Somehow it’s not just the gap width but the design in general around the response area that dictates what thickness of string will work best for the gap width.

5 Likes

Do you cut your strings to your preferred length or just use it the length it comes?

1 Like

The first string I bought in bulk was a box of 25 magic yoyo polyester strings (this is the “normal” I’ve been referring to earlier). Those happened to be the right length. Recently got a pack of 10 kitty fat, those were a few inches longer than the magic yoyo string so I’ve been cutting them to about the same length as I’m used to (about 2-3” off). I’m 6’2” and the length allows me to rest the yoyo on the floor with a nice amount of slack with my hand/arm parallel to the floor.

3 Likes

It absolutely is a combination of gap width and design, the Arcade has a 4.4mm gap width but its the reason I tried kitty fat! I didnt try anything but new string, for all I know it came with bunk/accidentally lubed response pads? For what its worth I think the kitty fat is too thick.

3 Likes

My Arcade was fine. I prefer to use thick strings as long as it does not create any drag. There are so many variables with gap widths and the thickness of and even the type of threads used in strings that make a huge difference in how a yoyo will act and just as important - how the string feels on my throw hand finger and rubbing against fingers on my non throw hand. If it’s too soft, I hate it. If it’s too rough it’s really annoying. I think this is why some people prefer to make their own string - no compromising.

3 Likes

can you describe the difference between old krown st (any version you have) and new krown st please? Thanks!

4 Likes

1 of 1 Green 420 Lite.

35 Likes

This thing is beautiful - after a few days delay from FedEx it came in yesterday (got a chance to try it today)… Loads of fun! Definitely an improvement from the Loonie (which is an already fun yoyo)

17 Likes

I’m glad to hear yours moved, mine has been in “Delay out of our control” for days now.
You have given me hope!

4 Likes

Dang… And mine made the trek across the country to CA… Just one morning I woke up to see it at the hub in Memphis. FedEx is just way behind after that yucky weather. Hope you get yours soon!

4 Likes

Mail day was sweet!

26 Likes