What did you get in the mail today? 2021

@anon14765792 @bheinz63 @hobby_master

Here you go on the pics:

Respawn comes in at 56.2g, my Weekender is 47.3g. So the Respawn is fairly heavy for typical 0A play i think. It reminds me a lot of the yoyos that came out around 2000, tug responsive but not light and bouncy.

Jake just released 2 versions that are a couple grams lighter, I think 53g and 54g(AL7). I imagine those are very different animals.

21 Likes

Oh thank you so much!! Really appreciate the time spent!

The comparison between the Respawn and the Weekender is actually a huge help. Gap looks significantly wider than the Weekender (3mm) or possibly even wider than the Deep State (3.25mm).

I certainly think I’d prefer the Respawn Lite that recently dropped myself, 52-53g seems about as heavy as I’d want based on how my Deep State plays but I haven’t tried anything heavier.

Definitely will be trying to get my hands on one at some point. Would be awesome to have A, C, and D bearing responsive throws.

2 Likes

Huge thanks to @MattB

First impression: feels incredible soft, good slacks, good binds. I´m out for testing…

19 Likes

Sold a few things for this guy. Came in just as I was heading to work. I had to bring it with me to see if Wrecker approved. It was a mistake to bring it because I NEED to play it. It’s taunting me.

24 Likes

Atmos Khuno

31 Likes

How do you like it? mine comes friday

3 Likes

Could you make a video playing it? I really would to like to see this one in action.

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about this one.
The aluminium side effects play real nice, fast and floaty but has some vibe.
The brass side effects make it smooth.
Not a big fan of the caps as it gives it hella vibe but that could be me not putting them in properly although they were pushed in all the way.
It came with 2 bearings one CT and the NSK bearing which needs cleaning.
Feels comfortable in the hand, LOVE the size of it and doesn’t feel too wide.

I need to find the right setup/tune that suits my play style and with enough tinkering I think I can get this to play exactly how I want it.

8 Likes

I’ve tried making videos before (just in general) but always feel like I’m not really that good and so I shy away from uploading any of them.

Are there any particular tricks you wanna see?

4 Likes

I got this book from my youth. But it. I like it.

11 Likes

I have the same feelings towards mine also. It seems to have more vibe than most SE yoyos. Nothing that effects play though.
Side caps are a bit funky too but this also could just be me not fitting them correctly or something. I’d like to try some metal caps on it but I dont own any at the moment.
The more I play and mess around with set ups the more I’m enjoying it. It was just a little underwhelming on the first throw compared to the other Atmos releases. But I guess this is kind of deliberate since its designed to have several setups so it’s just about finding the one that works for you. At the moment I’m enjoying the brass SE the most.

4 Likes

Hey man, actually, any trick, like a trapeze repeater would be good. I just want to see it spinning and know if you enjoy or not. :smiley:

2 Likes

If its anything like the gravity… I found that putting the side effects in only partly and connecting the cap removal tool to the side effects. Then release the side effects just a little for air to escape as you press the caps on. Then use the little tool still connected to the side effects to pull the SE Into place sealing it all up. Then the other side. This removes any pressure build up preventing fully seating the caps while SE are still connected. Really reduces any extra vibe from the caps. Does that make sense? Let me know

12 Likes

Alright sounds good, will let you know once I’ve made it.

1 Like

Makes perfect sense. I’ve tried that and it still vibes with the caps. Really was hoping that it was going to work, sounded like it was going to sort it.

Thanks anyway, appreciate it.

Duncan Roadrunner, love it. Thinking of getting another to carry around, and one to leave at home. It’s smaller in diameter, but regular width, which makes it play like a more stable Qubit. Great finish, tight binds, just a fun yo-yo, I recommend it.

2 Likes

I just got my recess first base I LOVE IT !!! it’s an amazing throw considering it’s plastic it is my favorite plastic throw so far totally recommend it :wink::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

P.S does anybody know what string it comes with it ??? it is fantastic :grin:

3 Likes

Mowl Vigilancia (mono-metal version of the Surveillance)
And some mixed Mowl response pads

23 Likes

Will the Vigilancia get a wider release, like on YYE perhaps? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Mowl did say they would be sending some to Europe so hopefully they will be sending them to YYE too.

2 Likes