What did you get in the mail today? 2021

I thought I figured out what this would feel and play like before I got it. I was pretty wrong! For an undersized organic, this thing plays just as well or even better than the full sized organics I own. It has a really unique and inviting feel to it that makes me not want to put it down. I don’t have the Included Zipline black string on it because I got it in the mail right before I went into work and wanted a bright string on it. Even though it’s solid stainless steel, it’s light and nimble and really moves around very smoothly and happily as if the stainless steel is very glad it was turned into a yoyo and not a couple of soup spoons. I’m happy too! Thank you @FewandFarBetween

26 Likes

Thank you, Chris! We are so happy you’re enjoying it! Also thank you for providing the amazing artwork to go along with it!

3 Likes

WOW!! What a beautiful thing!:heart_eyes:
An undersized, steel, D-bearing organic! (From what I read on the manufacturer’s website):drooling_face:

4 Likes

@Grunt is the main

But everyone knows that.

Viking hunt is complete thanks to some late night scrolling.

Updated freehand Shot too.

Always looking for a Mongu.

22 Likes

Props to @Niki for selling me this sick throw. I’ve been looking for a recog for a hot minute

25 Likes

Yeap I have tried. I even cleaned the bearing and lubed it to see if it was the bearing but it still cuts strings. Looks like it’s going into storage, very disappointing.

Here’s the new string that I put onto the yoyo after I cleaned the bearing and rubbed the response area with denim:

The string should not have a thread poking out, it means that the string is starting to break.

13 Likes

Postage sending it back overseas makes it not worth returning? Would trying to smooth out the response area ruin the yoyo? Like with a very mild abrasive? Bar Keepers Friend maybe.

2 Likes

This Float from @Earthbound8426 arrived yesterday. A beaut!

25 Likes

Have you tried the ceramic bearing yet? I have a black one that I posted shortly before you did and i am not having the same issue. I have been using a ceramic bearing though. I went back and checked the centertrack bearing and the groove is kinda sharp on the sides. I even put it back in. While I’m not having string break quickly I am noticing much faster wear. Just a thought.

Edit: I also feel like I should mention that I am using alphaline as well

3 Likes

It’s a wonder that the Tinman doesn’t get more attention.
It is one of my favourite titaniums.
Enjoy!

6 Likes

Borealis 2 from last weeks drop and code 2 off bst came in today!

23 Likes

@Lido absolutely. International postage is very expensive and I’m halfway across the world from the US. I’m not sure if it would ruin the yoyo, I have never done anything like that before, but I’m not going to try that because my DIY skills aren’t great.

@IrJosh that actually didn’t come to my mind, mostly because the string looks to be breaking at the response area rather than at the bearing (like the thread poking out in the previous picture is exactly where the response area is) but I’ll try that! Hopefully it fixes the issue.

4 Likes

27 Likes

Nice. Can I ask about the games?

2 Likes

What would you like to ask?

1 Like

Are they yours? Are they shrink wrapped?

1 Like

I loved my GBA, wish I never gave it away.

1 Like

They are mine and they are in “customgamecases”. It’s a brand.
I have a modest collection of gameboys/games and ipods/zunes. Love older tech❤

5 Likes

I bet you’ll like DankPods.

3 Likes

I’m a patreon XD

3 Likes