What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

The most used yoyo - Deep State
The yoyo that has created the most anticipation - The Weekender that I just ordered

4 Likes

Appreciate it!

1 Like

Evan did an amazing job with this one.

14 Likes

One last bit before Xmas

19 Likes

I wasnā€™t sure about it, but given the price point I will definitely pick one of those up before too long. How does it compare to others in the Edge line? It looks a lot like a bigger OG Edge, just with a bump around the response. Iā€™m a huge fan of the OG/1.5 Edge.

3 Likes

Glad you picked that colorway. As you know I came close to selling mine, but I couldnā€™t bring myself to.

The colorway is incredible, and while itā€™s not in my typical spec wheelhouse, its uniqueness compared to the rest of my collection is refreshing when I get around to throwing it. It lacks a bit of power in comparison to some other bimetals Iā€™ve used, but itā€™s really fun to throw around, and is very fast.

5 Likes

Absolutely. I love the colors. Iā€™m pretty picky about galaxy colorways, but this one is good. Glad you didnā€™t sell yours, it really is unique.

2 Likes

Tiny bearing and something unknown

23 Likes

It is definitely a lot bigger than the OG Edge. Itā€™s also a lot lighter and floatier. Iā€™d say that itā€™s kind of like if you were to take a Bā€™Edge and a Mā€™Edge and merge them together. It has the powerful, zippy feeling hat the Bā€™Edge has with the fun and floatiness of the Mā€™Edge while still having a unique feel. And donā€™t let the larger diameter detour you away from getting this. Sure, it might take some getting used to, but overall I actually found the larger diameter to be really helpful with more risky tricks. Overall, the Edge Ultimatum is something you really donā€™t want to miss out on.

4 Likes

These two from @Glenacius_K, and a Fat Tire are the last of 2019 for me:

Google Photos

The Bonsai is really cool. I may still like my fixed axle version better, but Iā€™m still getting to know it.

I think the Hickory Ballsy is destined to be my all time favorite fixie!

Just look at the figuring on the face. Looks like a painting that should be called ā€œHickory Mountainā€. The backside of the mountain is on the other half, too. So amazing how Glen did that!

I donā€™t even know how many wonderful yoyos Iā€™ve bought from Glen this year.

11 Likes

Whatā€™s the difference spec-wise between a harbinger and a ballsy? I have a harbinger and a boon (the boon is smaller)

The Ballsy is wider. It looks to be the same width as my 20-Eh-Teen, so about 38mm/1.5 inches. Itā€™s heavy at nearly 72gs. Itā€™s a powerhouse!

Update: I just put a full-sized C bearing in the Bonsai (aka Burly), and Iā€™m pretty blown away by how well it plays that way!

1 Like

I was just about to tell you to do this @Myk_Myk .

The strength of Bonsai lies in in its unresponsive play. It really is pretty good.

Notice how I named the bearing version of the Burly the Bonsai? I thought you might appreciate that. :wink:

2 Likes

I did notice, but didnā€™t get that it was for the bearing version. Makes sense, and I do appreciate it! I like it responsive too, but it does really shine with that full C bearing.

2 Likes

Is that a tiny bow and arrow behind those guys?

5 Likes

I found this on googleā€¦Iā€™m assuming itā€™s for a violin?

The ā€œFinger Bowā€ allows the player to instantly switch between finger style (pizzicato), and bowing (arco) with a flick of a finger. The bow is 10 3/8ā€ long, and made of lightweight and resonate poplar wood. It is not intended to replace a traditional longer bow but to be a new tool for creative expression.

7 Likes

It absolutely appears so.

1 Like

Cartoon characters would shoot each other with it for sure.

1 Like

Nailed it!

Actually itĀ“s more for Upright Bass players, as we do more ĀØpluckinĀ“ĀØ. ItĀ“s also used by drummers to get eerie sounds by bowing the edges of cymbals. There are actually 3 bows in the pic, including a full size French and full sized German bow.

5 Likes

Forum Police Language Alert!

3 Likes