What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

The olive looks great; I almost got that instead. My wife is holding onto some green yoyo for Christmas though. I don’t have anything green, and it was kinda a thing for her to get me something green. Silly, I know. I’m sure @twitch77 would appreciate it though.

2 Likes

Not silly at all. Green is my wife’s favorite color. So its a way for us to “connect”. I like to get things in green because it makes her happy.

4 Likes

Throwing this all week.i think I prefer the yeti

14 Likes

That’s how I keep my daughter interested. Hopefully one day she’ll let me teach her, but for now she loves picking out pink and purple yo-yos for me.

6 Likes

Mine too!

3 Likes

Why do girls like pink and purple so much? Do we train them to have this bias? It must surely be a cultural thing, but why those two colors (in the US, anyway)?

4 Likes

Good question. My wife and I carefully avoided any such “training” of any typical gender stereotypes, and she loved pink very early on.

1 Like

Same here. Oddly we tried to dress her as gender neutral as possible when young. (Not because political correctness but because we can then use for our second one :slight_smile:)
And haven’t tried to stereotype her in anyway. She still likes pink oddly.

4 Likes

there are environmental and societal factors beyond our parental sphere that influence this, unfortunately. the best we can do is start at home, and teach them to teach others, not just to learn from us.

and sometimes, we just like it!

5 Likes

This. Most media will reinforce the color choices between boys and girls (Paw Patrol rules everything around me). Not a huge deal obviously, it is just a color. My son LOVES purple, but I think that’s because it’s both his parents’ favorite color.

4 Likes

Yeah there could be many reasons that happens weather it subtle influencing for not. We don’t force or overly encourage any particular colors on our kids, never really have. But clothing and toys generally have some bias. But without that type of influence our kids gravitated towards what they like. We didn’t have cable tv for about a decade until last year. We just didnt want it and the kids never really saw commercials to sway them.

I have 4 boys and 1 girl. They each have different favorites. My wife is in love with green, my boys are purple, black/white, and yellow/green. My daughter loves pink and purple. She also like aqua/surf green because thats my favorite. But I have always liked many colors, blue, red, orange.

I think sports teams play a role for many as well. I went to Clemson so I will always like orange and purple. I am a Boston/NE fan and those colors vary. I’m a Manchester United fan as well.

When it comes to yoyos, I am a huge fane of blue yoyos. My wife green. My daughter pink. The boys don’t care.

4 Likes

Speaking of rad colors. A wild Rev 1 appears.

17 Likes

And a Tallgeese leg

4 Likes

Congratulations! I’m the only :speak_no_evil: that didn’t get a monster! Should I be honored? Because I wanted that freaking Godzilla…

12 Likes

Epic Mail Week Part 2: The Revenge of Electric Boogaloo

14 Likes

a’ight… my ti888 is stiiiiiiiiilllllll delayed, showing to arrive today, but last updated as in transit… i’m less than an hour from you… i’m not trippin or nothin, i’m just a little jealous of you cats with your goodies… green is a better color on @twitch77 i guess, that’s all… nevertheless, it wasn’t a bad week

13 Likes

Add me and that makes 2 who lost the godzilla lottery.

10 Likes

I’ve always liked bright neon pinks myself, so I looked it up a while ago and from what I remember this is a fairly recent thing in our history. I’d Google it to get better information but I think it just came down to the manufacturer’s suggestion, brands just decided on it and it stuck with the boomer generation. BEFORE that it was flipped, the preferred color for boys was pink and blue for girls.

But me I just love bright colors and I don’t stress about it. I just buy what I like, wear what I like and don’t worry too much it. :smiley:

3 Likes

My oldest son likes pink and purple. But then again, he pretty much likes everything lol.

3 Likes

Day 2 of new mail. No gojira for me either. Tallgeese is pretty much done though.

14 Likes