What did you get in the mail for 2020/2021?

I hardly ever see my dad and he asked if I wanted anything for my birthday (which is weird because I’m definitely past the age where your parents do more than take you out for dinner or something) so I’m going to see if he’ll snag that one for me.

Have you played a Wide Angle at all Andy?

It’s definitely a little wider than I like but I think the shape with the inner cuts might make it less awkward feeling to me than the other stuff I’ve tried around that width. I’ve heard people describe it as having a “hollow” feeling and that’s something I like.

6 Likes

I just have a picture of a 30 year old man asking his dad for a yoyo like a kid for his birthday in my head :joy:

But nah I haven’t tried one yet

8 Likes

Yeah usually it’s just like “Hey want to come by the house and get pizza?” and I get a nice card but I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Tbf i have a little closer relationship to my parents than a lot of people my age probably do because they looked after me extensively while I was going through chemotherapy for 6 years.

10 Likes

I really like your taste in colorways. Both of those look awesome (and I’m suuuper picky about my fancy colorways)

@adamantiumpops Parlay is sooo good! That copper looks awesome, can’t wait to see what it’ll look like with a patina!

5 Likes

Finally got one of the purple VTWOs! Thanks to @andy569

Lost my blue one that I loved, but always wanted the Eva-purple. The ano is brilliant.

16 Likes

I’ll keep you posted! I live in the desert, so it’s gonna take a wwwhhhhiiiiiiiillle lol.

If I get squirrelly, I’ll force it.

2 Likes

That is simply gorgeous!

I have a copper TiShee on pre-order, and I can only hope it is as beautiful as that Parlay.

3 Likes

Jake’s Instagram post makes it look real nice. But it is an oxidized titanium, so it’s a darker copper color and will not patina I know you probably know that, but just in case anyone thought it was actually made of copper, lol.

4 Likes

I had my eyes on the Wide Angle when it was announced, and so glad I was patient.
I’ll have to share a photo when it’s spinning, it had a chrome effect :star_struck:

3 Likes

13 Likes

Jealous of your Pragma colorway. I got solid red. At least it’s not gold!

1 Like

Yeah he got a double winner mystery box, that black Arrow is :ok_hand: the best of the possible choices IMO.

3 Likes

But no scratch off winner here. I agree though. Those 2 colors are great. But the Wide Angle!

1 Like

I’m still waiting for YYF to see fit to release a solid aqua WA w/ bimetal styling (and minimal engraving).

1 Like

I love the Aqua and Orange fades. Reminds of sunsets over the ocean. I have a Virtuoso fade as well and its wonderful.

4 Likes

Yeah the aqua/orange is outstanding. It’s the only time where “bimetal styling” doesn’t bother me, especially since when spinning… you get even more “bimetal styling” as it looks silver :rofl:

3 Likes

Agreed, so much bimetal styling it’s hard to contain it all!

1 Like

Yeah the red arrow isn’t terrible, but I really wish the plastic was a different color. Is it glow in the dark?

Also yes no scratch off winner.

1 Like

It is! It works best if you expose it to a bright light source. Here’s a picture of mine in complete darkness.

10 Likes

Word. Doesn’t seem worth it since it makes it hideous in normal light. It’s a great throw though! The whole box is definitely a win.

1 Like