What did you get in the mail, 2024?

Use Slick-6 strings or Cotton, gives a nice grip

4 Likes

Is the recess deep enough for silicone?

4 Likes

100%, both my weekenders and my day tripper are siliconed, no issues even after a lot of play

4 Likes

This is awesome to hear. I’m always fretting the day the Core CO’s in mine go bad. Have you experimented with any other pads in them like Freehand pads?

3 Likes

Yes I have, the freehand pads have a slightly smaller inner diameter which made fitment weird, but still fits.

The problem wuth those is they’re thinner than coreco pads, so they are recessed more than I would have wanted. Actually felt like an artificially wider gap which increased kickback. I liked them initially, but very quickly I turned on them lol

4 Likes

OG Draupnir and Leviathan 8.

34 Likes

That is a lovely throw. The pads look nice too

2 Likes

care package from ross as i continue the war of yoyoing

30 Likes

Sweet. I love Hollywood modern. It’s a silly business model cause you order once then you really don’t have to order again for a long long while but it’s so worth it.

3 Likes

@Captrogers

Half swap and cap swap. The other pair is just half swapped for now. I think my favorite though is just pink body’s with blue caps

34 Likes

Hmmmm, I have been considering it… :thinking: I just didn’t want to mess with the stock pads since I don’t have replacements. But I also wish it was more responsive, even as a fixie. Maybe I’ll give it a try. And I’ll see if I can dig the pads out without wrecking the adhesive backing.

3 Likes

If you have a loonie how does the Duccling compare? Or even with the toonie?

2 Likes

clear flowable will 100% make it more responsive, its way softer silicone than normal pads.

i’m also pretty sure i might have some RBC pads at home, if i do i can mail them to you?

3 Likes

Okay, I’m going to try it! I was about to do it now but found my flowable is toast. Soooo I’ll have to get more.
Yes, sure I’d love that, thanks Brandon. I’ve been gradually stockpiling them. :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh, wait you were referring to CoreCo pads! I definitely have a bunch of those. Would be happy to send a pair with my rbc pads (if they exist, i dont even have an rbc lol)

3 Likes

Lol yes, I meant in my weekender. I think the stock RBC pads are great. – If you are looking to offload them, I’m happy to take them. But you don’t have to. As I have been stockpiling them. haha

2 Likes

I dont have a loonie but it feels like the duccling is just as capable as my toonie but lighter. The gap even seems easier to hit. I highly recommend. I expected it to be good and it delivered.

Here is me trying it on TikTok.

6 Likes

Is there a specific brand you’d recommend?

3 Likes

Just like Frank’s Red Hot, I put this ■■■■ on everything lol. Unresponsive yoyos I set with a deep recess, responsive yoyos I set flush

14 Likes

Today I learned I don’t have to worry about typing curse words on here because the forum auto censors it. ■■■■

Also, thanks for the rec!

6 Likes