What did you get in the mail, 2024?

I’m supposed to be on a buying freeze but I had a coupon that was about to expire and I didn’t want that, I couldn’t have that! Anyway, I came across this throw and here I thought I had all the available iYoyo’s save the Antarctica (edited out the Titanic, not sure why I want to keep calling Antarctica the Titanic). So I was totally stoked when I found this guy, which is a 7075 aluminum version of the Antarctica. I’m a huge fan of the show and a huge fan of iYoyo too, so it was a no-brainer.

It says this was just released August 2024. Is that correct, did this just come out? Or is it a re-release?

22 Likes

Say no more, brother, you’re among friends.

9 Likes

Announced 7/29: https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/heisenberg-by-iyoyo-7075-version-of-the-antarctica-powerful-mono-throw/

2 Likes

Thanks! Part of me feels like I need to be more astute but the other part of me knows that I’ll go broke if I stay on top of these things.

4 Likes

Aspen :heart: just opened it up!!

38 Likes

Nice little hurricane day mail day. And yes that’s right, the mail still comes with hurricanes in Florida lol

40 Likes

I just escaped from Naples, FL yesterday, probably pretty tame for a pro, but Mother Nature can be kind of scary…

3 Likes

Came home from worlds to an epic mail day! AL7 Pilgrim in Unicorn Storm.

38 Likes

You, me, and matt need to get the pilgrims together. Lets plan for thanksgiving. :wink:

1 Like

“Hurricane”
A tropical storm in Florida is like rain with a side of flooding.

@Ironical_Monocle1 Weekend’s tropical storm was weaksauce. Like I said above, basically just an extended rain storm. Nothing shuts down and business as usual. Wasn’t even worth starting a Hurricane Party because the storm we’ve been having rain every day this last, like, 3 weeks.

I don’t do anything special with my house until it’s a Cat 2, borderline Cat 3. And I don’t start worrying until it’s at least a Cat 4, borderline Cat 5. But at my age, I’d rather not deal with shelters, especially if the shelter isn’t going to have power or A/C (would much rather be uncomfortable in my own home)

2 Likes

Yea it wasn’t a hurricane where I live, but it was a cat 1 on the coast when it hit and caused some pretty bad flooding and damage. Weakened from a hurricane to tropic storm right near me. Still have it going on, it’s slow as heck

I don’t leave until it’s a 3 or above either. It’s also still moving across Florida right now so we’re not out of it. SC and southern Ga may get historic amounts of rain if it stalls off the coast @megachicken289

2 Likes

To this land-locked Pennsylvanian it looked like Armageddon :rofl:

3 Likes

@Bobparty Fair enough. I didn’t realize it got bigger (or that it’s stalling) but it’s basically gone where I’m situated. Where I live, nothing happened except wind (“Don’t open your umbrella” wind, not “bring everything inside” wind") and flooding, which was to be expected of anything, even pre-tropical storm.

@Ironical_Monocle1 I feel that, but I assure you, this was just extended rainstorms. Ain’t no thang

2 Likes

Jelly

1 Like

One of my favorite memories is going out into the eye of a hurricane with my dad when it passed over our house.

So quiet and calm, weirdly lit green.

Such a cool experience @Ironical_Monocle1

4 Likes

Glad to see it made it in safely!

1 Like

Love the sound this thing makes

2 Likes

Looks clean af

1 Like

It looks super incredible!!

2 Likes

Sounds like being plunged into an alternate universe… I bet the silence was deafening in the eye of a hurricane.

1 Like