What counterweight do you use?

Me personally, I use the yoyofactory multi tool as a counterweight whenever i want to do some 5a

4 Likes

Dice I filed a groove into. Got a d20 and a d6 but I think I need a d12. That would probably be the best weight for the yoyo I’ve been using for 5a. I like the resourcefulness using the multi tool. That seems hard to play with I don’t know if I could do it Im also terrible at catching the weight.

3 Likes

I did the same!

2 Likes

R2FG Reactor, I have 3. love it for the string groove. I’ve also 3D printed one that has a string groove.

string groove >>>>>> string hole/locking bead/locking key, etc

2 Likes

@Theyeeterr If you need a regular counterweight I can send you a couple if you’re in CONUS.

This is a good sample of what I use mostly. Porykons and regular Duncan dice. I also really like the leather counterweight.

7 Likes

Astrojax V-Max, The older plastic ones. A Great re-use of my old sets.

The loop knot fits perfectly through them with a pull and stay on without any extra slip knot nonsense.
It saves time and doesn’t test my patience when I remove it later. :laughing:

1 Like

The Seed from @no_city3d is my jam - great weight distribution and no corners so it’s comfy on the hand when it bonks you:

5 Likes

I’m throwing a hatchimal tied to the end. It weighs in at 11g. My knuckles and hand hate the Duncan dice because they smack hard when I don’t catch it right.

5 Likes

Yes, I am in north carolina, how much would it cost for you to send it to me

2 Likes

$0. Pm me your address and color preference

6 Likes

Did you make the leather cw yourself? I want something quieter when I mess up than the dice I’ve been using and it would be cool to make something/ then I could play with it right away.

1 Like

I mainly use Duncan dice or this Rapid Ball. I have a rubber ball too, but it feels a little heavy to me. Rapid Ball is where it’s at.

5 Likes

I didn’t make it, it was made by leatheryoyoshop in Japan. Looks like they’re all sold out though unfortunately

1 Like

Rapidball got that goated string groove

3 Likes

The Duncan Ultraweight is also really good and you can adjust the weight

2 Likes