What are you throwing today?

Do those cling together when you close the case? Or do you have something you put between them?

2 Likes

I put a black microfiber cloth between them.

5 Likes

This is what I do as well.
I freaking love these cases…and with some discounts I got on the site that sells them, I got mine for less than $25. What a steal!

5 Likes

I’m kinda confused by what you say…
You say “last open spot” as if there’s only 1 spot left to fill in this case.
However…
I only count 1 green yo in this case.
Don’t you still have 35 open spots left?

3 Likes

IMHO

9 Likes

Whats the name of these cases? Are they premade or the kind you have to cut/ pull out your self?

4 Likes

PM sent.
They are pre-made, but they do have inserts in each of the holes (that are easily removable) to cover them up till you fill them with a yo.
The yos are snug…I do have a couple of smaller yos that are loose in the holes, but I wrap a small cloth around the bottom half then they fit snugly in the hole.
One of the best values out there IMHO. They’re nice and sturdy cases and I can’t believe they’re as cheap as they are.

6 Likes

Lovin my Komodo, and my new strings

11 Likes

Kuntosh with mystery string. I can’t even be sure the string is polyester; it is fairly rough.

8 Likes

Looks like Zipline darkroom string.

1 Like

Oh, good call! It definitely fits the description on the ZipLine website. The strings I have are black and aqua, which I guess would make them from the first run of colors.

1 Like

What do you think of them? I’m trying out one @twitch77 gave me and so far it seems pretty good. It’s definitely a bit different than their other strings.

1 Like

I like that Küntosh color combo.

3 Likes

The roughness takes a little getting used to, especially on a yoyo like a One Drop which typically will have very tight, snappy binds as a rule. I will reserve judgment until after I’ve broken the string in some more.

2 Likes

I’m not much of a fan of the darkrooms I have like the one I sent you. For one thing, I was hoping the green would visually stand out a bit more…but they really don’t. The string just looks straight black unless you look close.

And I don’t like the way these things feel once they’ve broken in. They’re a bit too rough and stiff for my liking.
That being said…I’m not at all that good and can’t do a lot of slacks and whips and stuff so I can’t say how well they perform with more complicated tricks.

But not among my favorite strings for sure.

4 Likes

Top Deck

The best use of 7075 I’ve experienced to date!

Shout Out to @twitch77 for the trick book and inspiration to make my practice sessions more productive!!! You rock Curtis!

Re-Mastering some basics I’ve neglected!

16 Likes

Agree about the Top Deck. However, even though it is 7075, its walls are so thin that they can break (the center hub separates from the cup) if you drop it and it lands just the right way on a very hard surface. That’s why I think a titanium Top Deck would be a very worthwhile project.

5 Likes

You tried brass UL’s in a Kuntosh yet? IMO they’re the perfect SE for an original Kuntosh

3 Likes

It’s great to see you’re actually still using it! :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, actually, I’ve tried the set of brass ultralites that I have in both types of Kuntosh. I felt it made the OG Kuntosh too heavy and center-weighted, but it wasn’t as bad on the 5000QV since it is a bit lighter and a bit more rim-weighted than an OG Kuntosh to start with.

5 Likes