What are you throwing today?

Ooooooooooh, that makes so much more sense. I was so confused about the Elvis connection. Turns out, there isn’t one! Get out of here with your fake news @codinghorror!

3 Likes

Diffraction2, just freaking love this yoyo
20190830_172614

10 Likes

Our first yoyo was called E1NS (German for one). The fullsize version of the E1NS we decided to name 2WEI (German for two). The third in line had to be a special yoyo, our trimetal throw: DR3I (German for three)

Since the trimetal construction was insanely expensive, we made a run with a polycarbonate body and called it DR3I.ii (mark 2 if you want).

Fun fact: our second yoyo was the Noctu, which can also be called Noc2. :face_with_monocle:

16 Likes

I’m in love with my Wide Angle. I think the way the rims are set up without too much weight right on the edge and that thick chunk where the polished section is gives it the weight distribution that I really like in the bimetals I own with the offset SS rings (Breeze/Raiser/Gully). I’m skeptical that I’ll like the updated model with more rim weight though.

Definitely going to buy a normal Shutter at some point. I almost bought one at the Andre’s brick and mortar store when I was there last year but ended up picking up a Kayak instead.

7 Likes

Still throwing the Edgeless. My cat decided to join in on the fun as well :stuck_out_tongue:

19 Likes

That looks like hardcore 5a!

9 Likes

Maybe the cat loved the kitty string?

6 Likes

She thought it was a kitty but it’s actually plutonium :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to decide how I feel about the WA Shutter ever since I bought one last month. I have finally decided; I actually like this yoyo. It is just a nice well rounded performer that is light on the string and very natural feeling. After I got over the width, it really is a nice yoyo. It slightly lacks power though, so I can understand why Gentry competed at worlds with a more rim-weighted version. I’d probably like the champion edition even more. I’m glad I didn’t get rid of this yoyo like I had planned at one point.

5 Likes

Even though footballl season is on the horizon the Recess Little League is a nice catch. Still wondering What happened to my undersized yos? Check out The Goods

8 Likes

I love my WA so much. The last few days I’ve just been throwing my Breeze and Wide Angle for 1A.

I’ll probably get the Champion edition at some point if they don’t sell out too fast.

4 Likes

It honestly took me almost a month to grow on it, and it finally just clicked. I hated the way it felt in my hand at first throw, but I found its contours and like it now. It plays like Mario in Mario Kart. Not that I throw horizontal, but it just seems really well balanced and pleasant to play with.

3 Likes

From a boat on the 7 Seas Lagoon looking towards the Magic Kingdom

12 Likes

It helps that that description of it is basically what I look for in a yo-yo as far as weight distribution goes.

I think I might have a problem:

I decided if I’m going to throw just a couple yo-yos for a while I might as well have multiples. And two of these were less than one new Breeze.

4 Likes

Got G2 Covenant in today. The anodizing is freaking amazing !!!

13 Likes

SK

Watson Mill - Oglethorpe Co GA

16 Likes

Dam fine pick!

6 Likes

Nice photo gnomes! What throw is it?

3 Likes

One Drop/SF SK!

5 Likes

Triptych’s

20 Likes