What are you throwing in 2021?

backstage pass and pv44

34 Likes

This is subjective and really boils down to my personal preferences:
I don’t like it that much… Before I got it I was expecting a light, fast, and “sharp” throw. It was advertised as 62g on some websites which made me think it’s a speedy yoyo. I was partially wrong.

It is 64g actually (Spingear gets it right :+1:). And I think it’s overly rim weighted and lack of some center weight. It has a floaty feeling and does feel light when I play it slowly. However, when I try to push it faster, it actually drags me a little bit and doesn’t really have the “cut through the air” feeling I was looking for.

The biggest red flag, is the response system. The response pad groove is shallower than the thickness of a regular slim response pad. Plus there’s no “buffer area” around the pad so the string rub with the pad easily. These make the yoyo super snaggy and overly responsive (even with kitty normal). I have to order some 0.8mm response pad to fix this issue.

All of these above made me think this yoyo is only half accomplished. Personally speaking, even if this is marked for $40, I would still pick a Z01 over this.

6 Likes

RSO Bowl Mini and A-rt Grail

PV44 and Project Y from Fair Trade Yoyos

30 Likes

Black and gold/copper theme. Boy, Phideas and Valley.

24 Likes

I’m absolutely rolling around in organic heaven today!!!

OD Panorama
RSOxDocPop The End Pt2 - Prelude
ILYY e1ns2021

36 Likes

Playing some Futura, burning some strings, having fun and learning tricks :wink:

21 Likes

I have been watching a lot of olympics :blush:

27 Likes

Wow thank you for the comprehensive write-up. I think Yoku Design is best known for the Euler which is a budget metal throw. Seems like their bimetals aren’t as great while being quite expensive.

2 Likes

If yo-yo was an event in the olympics, I’d watch.

6 Likes

I would also definitely watch Olympic yoyoing.

6 Likes

11 Likes

update: just found a clear one for a good price. Can I get a W in the chat

3 Likes

heeeeeeeeeaaaatttt

3 Likes

All time favorite smashing crucible
Inside a Pomelo. Both w/ airetic strings RIP

20 Likes

Hell yes!!!

3 Likes

Isn’t the WYYC basically the “Olympics” of yoyoing already?

4 Likes

No. It’s a YoYo contest.
Def not the olympics.
Sorry!

7 Likes

Aren’t the Olympics a contest? I don’t see a distinction apart from viewership size.

1 Like

Having a hell of a good time throwing this guy around. I was anticipating a good yo but this PV44 definitely surpassed those expectations. Shout out to Fair Trade YoYos, this thing is a blast. Also, I quite like the look of it.

20 Likes

Wyyc is every year and Olympics is 4 years. On the off season of Olympics there is national titles and competitions then on the 4th year the Olympics.

Would you rather win a playoff game or the final series?

4 Likes