What are you throwing in 2021?

Was throwing the YYF lowerKase today and have this big fat ding to prove it. Surprisingly, I actually like the lowerKase a lot despite it being pretty heavy. The weight distribution makes it play pretty nimble as well.

Yo @yyfben2.deactivated you got to check the strings on the yoyos sold in the amayzing sale. Are they b-grade strings? I had both strings that came with the lowerKase break on me when they were only a few hours old. I was throwing some horizontal and luckily the yoyo didn’t hit anyone. Really dangerous.

18 Likes

I’d immediately discontinue using a yoyo if it broke 2 strings and look for any problem with the yoyo. Strings don’t fail unless there is a reason for it.

14 Likes

Will be throwing this for a while:

With amazing badwolfeco rainbow string.

20 Likes

Dude, I got the same but in a different color in the Lucky Box!

Do you know what throw it is? I’ve been searching all over.

3 Likes

Yep, @Roy_Dodge cracked the code, the answer was in our face since the beggining. That’s the new unreleased bimetal.

6 Likes

Oh that’s awesome! Good pull, my dude!!

3 Likes

Yeah you probably have a string cutting yoyo. Check around the bearing seat and response pads for any sharp edges or knicks.

1 Like

Hinemosu and Laurus

25 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

Not the Kase, as I tried the lowerKase string on my Boss and the same thing happened. My boss went flying as well. The lowerKase didn’t break 2 strings, just 1. It can’t be that I just got 2 yoyos that cut strings, considering the lowerKase isn’t even blasted and I found the response area to be smooth. I think it’s more likely the string being unsuitable for horizontal or something.

@Dude0909 the response area is smooth. The only thing I found is some very tiny flat spots when the yoyo exploded after it went flying.

Here’s a picture of the broken string. The rest of the string looks to be fine. The top one broke with the lowerKase and the bottom one broke with the boss.

8 Likes

The yoyo doesnt shred any other strings you might have?

3 Likes

Let’s ask @fatguysnacks247 , this should be good. Engineers just love classic multiple failure of an entire assembly of fibers that are pre tensed and fail simultaneously.

10 Likes

Hahaha alright man.

1 Like

Yeap, just put on an iYoYo string that Dave sent me, pretty sure it’s not slackies cos this one is much thinner, and so far that area of the string looks great.

4 Likes

Trying my luck at modern responsive today. Hope my knuckles don’t take too much of a beating.

27 Likes

Throwing my new Shutter that I decided to get on the yoyo day sale and I have no regrets. The anodizing to me was perfect and it plays like a dream, no wonder they’ve sold so many.

27 Likes

+1 it surley aint

2 Likes

Silicone hour… For fun I counted the number of Snow Tyres I have. 83 pairs… Sat in a box.

Someone once told me that you cannot silicone Bassalope’s. I’ve been doing it for years.

26 Likes

Is it hard to do because of how shallow it is?

1 Like

Supposedly. I’m not boasting about having elite silicone skills, I don’t have them!

4 Likes