What are you throwing in 2021?

5A May and I thought my previous set up was so Hipster, but this @lytelvin RSO Soaking YWETi MKII is just dripping swag goo with blue OD Ultralights @Markmont Rebby and an Eyeball Sho1 leather counterweight.

26 Likes

This makes me think that we need eye SEs

6 Likes

Give Sho1 a follow on IG and chat him up. He has been experimenting with some SEs already.

3 Likes

That’s really an eye catching counterweight you got there!

10 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

22 Likes

@Exmime - Eye can’t imagine that being a practical counterweight, but it looks nice :wink:

Ive gone for a more utilitarian approach to my 5A setup. Rocking the #6 YT-Vayder strung up with Markmont Cumulous Foam and a PoryKon counterweight.

I think I also had this setup last year, but is definitely my favorite 5A config, even over my Hotdiggity. It is almost like this yoyo was built for 5A.

Ive also been throwing my new Bettynova and 21’ OG specs Shutter. I am really impressed with both. The Bettynova came 10/10 smooth, and I mean it. I remember seeing a thread about people talking about the rare “perfect smooth” yoyo, and mine is one of those rare ones. Was not expecting that from YYF tbh, lol. Neat surprise. The yoyo has a nice flow that justifies its weight and is really powerful for long spin times.

The Shutter was another huge surprise. Not because of vibe, because this one came like a normal YYF, but because it plays good. It plays like a yoyo in the sweet spot between ‘fun and competition’. I can understand why Gentry went on to make the WA version, but these specs are much nicer for us plebs. I need to revisit my Butter, but these play characteristics are why I prefer the Butter over the WA.

19 Likes

Today’s throw is Grendel DirttyFoote’s bolt. Which I got for him from the good Doctor himself.

19 Likes

Get a part 2!

1 Like

22 Likes

What’s the one on the left?

2 Likes

I think it’s a prototype of the 5050

3 Likes

ohhhh, I’ve never heard of that one before.

2 Likes

It’s a throw by @hobbygod themselves! This was the inception of it:

and this was the thread of the yo-yo

and here’s the post where they dropped :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the information!

3 Likes

No problem! If you like lightweight and undersized throws it’s top notch, super fun throw at a very affordable price!

4 Likes

Thanks for the detailed post @Isaac ! Getting some protos for a slightly different run of them with the assassin

6 Likes

Curiosity intensifies!

1 Like

@hobbygod image
Edit* made me grab my 50/50, and the other is an Atmos-Cloudberry, lol.

16 Likes

They look good together :rofl:

7 Likes