What are you throwing in 2021?

I need a Metavity. Missed when these were announced, just found out about it a few weeks ago, and it’s been on my mind every since. Spent way too much on yoyos lately, so need to put it on the backburner, but I need to get one of them eventually.

Lately I’ve been playing the YYF Sprite, pretty much non stop. I’m looking forward to the SS version coming out later this week!

19 Likes

Haven’t been able to put these two down. First Ti throws ive actually loved.

24 Likes

I might have a problem…

24 Likes

I see one, you’re running out of room in the Higby box!

6 Likes

It’s ok, he’ll make me a bigger one. What a great guy and amazing artist.

5 Likes

Is it worth $400‽
I have the 000, Ti Genesis, TITANIC and waiting on the AnTiThesis.
I was tempted to preorder the Ti Confusion but thought is it worth it to upgrade to the METAVITY?
EDIT: Just general thoughts about the METAVITY being a $400 yoyo, kindly appreciated.

4 Likes

IMO the TiConfusion and Metavity are two totally different classes of yo-yos w/o much in common aside from being made out of titanium. TiConfusion looks like it would be a great super durable pocket throw for some casual throwing while the Metavity looks like something you could compete with / throw down a 90second combo with.

9 Likes

$400 is a lot of money for a yo-yo. Titanium is expensive to machine. It’s expensive to do a large enough run that they are going to be in stock for a while, without doing a preorder to help pay for it. You’re paying a little for that availability and convenience for sure. It’s still less expensive than many Ti throws. I can’t speak to the quality of all Metavity(Metavities? Metaviti?), but mine is pretty smooth, not glass, but very good. It’s the smoothest Ti I’ve thrown actually—my Vayder was close.

If I damaged mine somehow, I’d buy another right away. It just suits me. That’s all I got :man_shrugging:

I also ordered an AnTiThesis. I look forward to comparing them. But I expect I’ll prefer the Metavity. It’s wider, heavier, probably a bit more powerful but with a more even weight distribution. I wish they hadn’t reduced the width of the AnTiThesis :confused:

9 Likes

How does it play?

2 Likes

How does it perform? I reckon it’ll be pretty unstable at that weight.

1 Like

It’s really excellent. There’s some other folks who’ve written some pretty nice quick mini-reviews on it in the mail day thread.

But really, it plays exactly as you’d think by looking at it. Powerful, stable but not at all stiff/on rails/rock on a string feeling, weighty but semi-floaty, and very comfortable.

5 Likes

Oooo yes I have read all those other reviews haha. Just wanted more opinions.

Huh, it plays exactly like I think it would by looking at it?
The previous reviews kinda mentioned the opposite of that which is interesting. They say it defies their expectations of it being chunky, blocky and weighty to play.

I’m trying to see if the metavity will be to my liking since I prefer lighter, faster and nimbler throws. But the “just right” feeling also appeals to me, which is what quite a few people have described the metavity as.

6 Likes

Duo Sileni

26 Likes

That’s what I was just throwing!

4 Likes

Today at work.

25 Likes

Still not sure that I’m ready to open those butterflies…

20 Likes

Those are just spares. You never know when you might need a fresh vintage Butterfly.

5 Likes

EH

23 Likes

Basq and Gelada2.1

22 Likes

What’s the yellow plastic on the right?it makes me think of the old spyy plastic that was never made.

2 Likes