What are you throwing in 2021?

Yeah, mine has got a bunch of surface scratches everywhere! I’m told by others this is fairly normal, and if they bother you, you can generally polish them out.

Mine also has been carried in my pocket almost daily for a couple of months, until recently I got a sling/holster for it to keep the yoyo from damaging my phone screen in my pocket :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I doubt yoyo string would be the cause.

2 Likes

May the Fourth be with you all.

30 Likes

Dang, should have got 442 out.
Good shout dude.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I have a Luftverk 000 with the AMS coating and it looks pretty flawless. Maybe a benefit of the AMS?

1 Like

I’ve got a raw 000 (#2 of 40) which has no marks. It’s luck of the draw. Light marks can be removed and wont upset play.

2 Likes

000 and Ti-Vayder for ti tuesday/May the Fourth

20 Likes

Thanks… they don’t bother me. Was more just wondering. They were just so perfectly around the entire circumference (both sides) that I thought is could be the string whipping against it. I don’t have any rings or anything. I have occasionally use my homemade holster. It could be that too rubbing.

Was just wondering so thanks for you input.

2 Likes

I’d love to join the party! May the forth be with you!

23 Likes

Hard to say.
The AL is more forgiving, the 1 has a little more weight.
Plus I haven’t spent a great amount of time with the 1.

3 Likes

Perfect weather for 5a May (ignore the fact that I didnt have the tool to restring my Porykon)

12 Likes

Joining in on the May the Fourth festivities:

24 Likes

Dang I need a 000 for next year I guess.

3 Likes

Tonight: Ace Yo Gravitation 4 with Markmont Rebby string. Fantastic combination I just concocted and it got me out of my bad throw day where every throw was worse than the previous throw. Just one of those days…

16 Likes

Proto II of this 52mm. Reworked weight and distribution from before : )

23 Likes

The Otter was a surprise. ‘Chunky’ is the word CLYW use to describe it, and it is. Chunky but light on the string despite its slightly undersized profile. Not bad.

23 Likes

Everyone should have a 000 :wink:

3 Likes

Another day another proto

25 Likes

Looks like wood. Really enjoy this 3D print.

Today I’m throwing Horizon Ultra

@ChrisFrancz, like that picture?

Everytime I play with it, I got amazed. Probably the best from the whole batch.

16 Likes

Spending some more time with the @fatguysnacks247 PV44 prototype today at work. Yet another good design from Fair Trade Yoyos and unlike anything else in my stash.

23 Likes

YYR Anomaly, I don’t regret the red and black after seeing it in person and it is SUPA-SMOOTH! Feels amazing to throw and I’m loving the thunk sound from its binds

19 Likes