What are you throwing in 2021?

Ripping my Weekender instead of working today in celebration of my upcoming 5 day weekend.

27 Likes

Is that MT3 /dev/tty I see there in the background?

4 Likes

it sure is. MT3 is far and away my favorite profile.

Alt HP with clipped/lubed gmk stabs and 3 layer damping foam kit, box master white owl switches, dev/tty/ mt3.

4 Likes

I like my keeb with flippy dip kapang zoom poingers. 71% thin lubed pillowtop casings, and a photon-resistant synergy drive. But I’m old-school like that. :wink:

3 Likes

Ah man, you still use dip kapang zoom poingers? You really are old school. you should get yourself up to date with some modern fused diasphoric pole releivers. they make such a difference in the actuation of the synergy drive

3 Likes

SD actuation is a little too meta for me. The zoom poingers keep me at a good comfort level and low noise so the wife doesn’t get upset. I tried out a self-actuating synergy drive a few years back, but the neighbors said it was too loud so I had to either get rid of it or splurge on the hadron-cooled auditory reduction barricade. Not something I can afford :rage:.

3 Likes

“Turbo Encabulator” the Original - YouTube

2 Likes

ahh, I can understand your concerns about noise with the SD actuation. personally, i chose to go with a semi-reactive voltage inducting phase retractors to deal with the noise, and that seemed to help quite a bit. its also significantly less expensive than the hadron ocoled auditory reduction barricade options out there. however, it would require you to get rid of those zoom poingers and get pole relievers.

1 Like

I need to stop before I make a joke about pole relievers that would not be forum approved :joy:

2 Likes

In hind sight thats a ridiculous name, but i was referring to electrical poles lolol

I can’t let @adamantiumpops have the only cactus pics.

derti poke.

23 Likes

Heck yes. Desert throwers unite!

5 Likes

I’m LOVING this throw so far !!!
P.S this is my first edge :grin: !!!

16 Likes

Been a while since I had the opportunity to spin an album and throw. AnTiThesis and a Flood.

Everybody wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.

14 Likes

And some can attack!

3 Likes

Not to assume you’re not joking, but to clarify:

Cholla (or “Jumping Cactus”) don’t actually jump, but are simply structurally weak. Also when their needles puncture you, they quickly develop a slight ‘hook’ at the tip. This means if one pricks you, and you pull away quickly (like most living things would), the jerking motion pulls little pieces off and toward you and makes the whole plant look like it’s jumping. That little hook also makes them awful to pull out.

I’ve lived in Southern AZ my whole life, and have had far too many cactus needles on the wrong side of my skin, but you gotta get these pics in, or the internet won’t thinks you’re cool :joy:.

7 Likes

I’m gonna see the cow beneath the sea…

2 Likes

I was joking about their title. :slight_smile: Then I got on a run watching more cactus encounters. We’ve biked all over some desert areas in Moab etc. (Not AZ. we skipped going south as it was July and killer heat) and some of the thorns were massive! Right through shoes and tires. Luckily I never crashed into one as those in other videos!

Get the pic’s!!!

1 Like

Nice! Yes they get big. My worst encounter left me with a needle all the way through my pinky.

2 Likes

Slimline responsive madness!

I’m definitely seeing a trend with my choices for responsive play

21 Likes