What are you throwing 2024?

I been playing with the fh1 more a bit lately. Finally getting over the black eye it gave me last year :joy:

20 Likes

I didn’t have Vader or Aussie ‘08 but I did guess the rest right, assuming you’re correct. I’m kinda proud of myself for that one :joy:

3 Likes

Aren’t the Aussie Golds 07?

3 Likes

Man, I was just proud to know it was an 888 :joy: knowing the models and years is but a pipe dream for me. Haha.

I feel like @Tobiyo89 would know, but if he doesn’t, someone will

3 Likes

Not sure Vader’s roll, if any, in the making of this Yo. I received it as a gift from John Higby back in 2008ish. It plays incredible.

4 Likes

Taking a break from 5A for the day.

23 Likes

30 Likes

OD Thorn. Upgraded from the 10 Ball to a NSK centering bearing. World of difference.

21 Likes

Finally got thick lube and made this guy responsive!! I def like it more respnsive than unresponsive, just because the lack of stability affects less

22 Likes

22 Likes

I Spyy

34 Likes

Man!!! That is a good looking throw right there! :smiley:

5 Likes

Cabal Gen 2

Bimetal Cross Bones

37 Likes

Cabal looks neat. Cross Bones in this colorway is stunning too… How do you like them in play?

1 Like

I think the Cabal is a really good Delrin yo-yo. The rings compensate for the lack of Delrin density without having to grow the diameter or put weight on the inside of the rim. It plays like other Delrin yo-yo’s that I liked except that they felt limited by the material.

So far I think the Cross Bones plays really nice (the 2024 Bare Bones too).

6 Likes

@DocPop

31 Likes

Oops typo, yes they were ‘07. Was kinda driving home from work back to back 12 hour shifts suuuck. Lol

1 Like

Someone correct me if I’m mistaken, but these raw machined highwalled 888’s were the next big batch of ‘07 888’s Ben had done and the OD of the bearing seat was machined the wrong size, (I believe they were too large causing string slippage behind the flat Dorothy bearing) to salvage these, YYFBen had commissioned a handful of modders to reface the body’s with a highwall and re-machine the bearing seats to their correct OD. Luke Vader and Pyrotechnic I believe were at the top of the list, drawing a blank on who else had a hand in repairing these if any others. @pyrotechnic maybe your memory is better than mine since you helped with these I believe. :hugs:

1 Like

:couch_and_lamp::man_surfing::maté::yo-yo: Couch surfing with this First Base tonight. :call_me_hand:

16 Likes

I just picked up a second because I wanted a clear. Very cool throw and easily underrated.

3 Likes