What are you throwing 2024?

Suede Ballz. I think it might be slightly quieter than the leather on collision, and I just can’t stop interrupting with these caps. Inspired by my first set of goalie pads which were hobbled together from hockey, lacrosse and cricket gear and made of wood/cane wrapped in leather (the skin tone suede also matches the final colour of what started as white leather padding).

13 Likes

Jeez Louise… I just realized how long my fingers are. :flushed:

4 Likes

They look very comfortable.

1 Like

20 Likes

55 Likes

FH0r1g3N

Modded by @pyrotechnic

I am having so much fun with this yoyo! Really enjoy the FH0 plastic feel with the MR85 bearing and pads.

21 Likes

That thing looks so fun! I bet it would rip with a 4 mm mr85. I’m so curious how it plays.

1 Like

Has @MarkD seen this? MR85 Tangent mini would be killer

I really enjoy its play. Higher wall than the donor Origen, Satin finish on the FH0 feels great. Mid weight is interesting, but the Origen response is spot on.

It came in at 55g, which I think is perfect for this.

To me it is the best of both worlds. Unique, Capable and FUN!

Ms.Pyro did an amazing job. Turned out better than what I envisioned.

Not sure. This was a idea I pitched Ms. Pyro a while ago. I am super excited about picking up the Plasma feom MK1.

14 Likes

Eagerly awaiting any news on the Plasma official or otherwise. Do you know who bought the proto that came up a few months ago?

1 Like

Freshly Dirty Featherweight Canary w/ Night Moves (tech thin)

24 Likes

Can u tell me about the canary I’ve had my eye on it. How do u like it? How’s it feel in play? Is it too light?

I haven’t found that it is too light for me, but that may be by virtue of being right on in every other aspect.

I can say that I really like everything about the Canary other than the lightness. The size, shape and D-bearing are a great combo. It seems like the weight rings give it good stability. The inner ring design reduces contact with the stainless, which is a bonus for the kind of play that I like for a yo-yo this size. It doesn’t feel prominently powerful but the spin time is good. Binds are very snappy (with the thin string I am using).

IMO it definitely plays quite light, and that requires some getting used to for me because most of my yo-yos in this size range are 10+g heavier. I find that adding weight adds controllability, so I probably won’t pick up the Canary if I am trying go learn something new. For anything I know well, I can see it being a nice change of pace.

4 Likes

I saw a couple of the origen-mods posted on discord - they look great!

4 Likes

Wraith getting some attention today.

20 Likes

Coupla round bois MMC and Bathy

30 Likes

KYO, just amazing.

21 Likes

Werrd Rhinoplasty from yoyo club. While I was there I got to try the Orange which is like the opposite of the Rhino

17 Likes

16 Likes

New large tip kit installed in a S8 Giulia, works very nicely.

15 Likes