What are you throwing, 2022?

Top to bottom, left to right

Metal Yeti, Duality, Boy, G2 Valhalla

YWET in the middle. Good eye on the CLYW

2 Likes

Close! Boy and not an AC2. Still need both an AC1 and 2

2 Likes

Posted one in the other thread, Gopa is so good. One of the most stable and fun slims I’ve played.

1 Like

Yeah I saw your post last month, you are the only other one so far. I’m just surprised as there is so much gushing for Panoramas and Dioramas and theses are still available in the Tokyo YoYo store even though they sold out on the YYR site when they initially dropped. The GOPA really cuts through the strings like a scalpel and I really like the flowy weight, its definitely a repeater machine. They were machined in Oregon nonetheless and there is an awesome hype video :video_camera: :clap:

9 Likes

Nice !!! I have to try out an exia one day :wink: and btw how is the spyglass coming along ?? An earlier post of yours said that it may be production ready in march ?? Sry if im being a bit nosy im just SUPER hyped for the spyglass :sweat_smile: after seeing all of your cad videos I couldn’t stop thinking about it lol :joy:

6 Likes

It should be heading to anodizing soon. I’m checking in with the shop every couple of weeks.

6 Likes

And I just got rid of all my duplicates… I’m gonna have to break my no duplicates rule for this colorway, that is gorgeous.

2 Likes

One out, one in. And a Parasaurolophus.

Edit: thanks @NitroBobby916, for answering my questions about the Omni Noah.

My son has been watching dinosaur shows nonstop lately, and he loves the Parasaurolophus… which is why I had one on hand.

24 Likes

Ooh man that’s a beautiful looking collection! If I may ask (apologies if it’s been mentioned), what are the top-middle and middle-middle?

1 Like

I think you’re referring to the Bimetal Shutter, and the Hypothesis v2.

2 Likes

Quake at work today.

21 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

24 Likes

Is the gold one an UNPRLD Elevation? If so, how does it play? How slippy are the binds?

It looks kind of like a wider, but ligher ReCognition. I tried the ReCognition but just didn’t gel with it. I found it to be a bit too bulky and unwieldy and I didn’t love the 4.66mm gap, which is why I have stayed away from the Elevation. But I am dazzled by the look of the Elevation in both its polished gold and polished black versions.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried the recognition, but to me the Coglite, the Elevation, Abduction and Flashback all have perfect bind with pretty much any string I’ve tried. If you go to DXL, let me know and I’ll bring it so you can check it out next weekend.

1 Like

whoa I never knew recog had such a small gap. It’s one of my fav monos. Had to get the whole cog line cuz of it. I find it very stable and love the finger grinds. But this is why they make so many diff throws :smiley: cheers

1 Like

I’m a narrow(-ish) body/gap kinda guy. I like the CogLite and Reduction precisely because they have gaps <= 4.50mm and bodies <= 45mm wide. UNPRLD tends to make yoyos that are wider and heavier than I prefer, and even though I love UNPRLD’s yoyo shapes and and their really clean designs, only the CogLite and Reduction turned out to be my jam. It is because the Elevation looks more like the rule rather than the exception in terms of UNPRLD design that I’m very hesitant to get one.

nice dude!!

i didn’t steer you wrong on that, did I?

kgb

1 Like

I just saw the answer.
Delete.

kgb

I didn’t gel with the Recog either. The Elevation is great though. It is light but has plenty of power. It’s one of the most well rounded throws I’ve ever played. It would make a great comp throw, but it’s great for relaxed play too.

Binds are fine, but YMMV. With a medium thickness string like YYSL Venom (my favorite YYSL string) or Nytro they’re pretty snappy. I keep extra pads and both shallow and deep cut centering bearings on hand and end up swapping a lot of pads and bearings just to adjust response to make it how I want, but my Elevation is stock.

The shiny finish is also interesting… it looks polished smooth, but it’s actually kinda like the finish on the Wangle. It actually grinds pretty well, and it has a nice feel in the hand.

1 Like

Not at all man. It’s so good. Pretty much exactly as I expected too, but it was too expensive to pull the trigger without some verification first :grin:

1 Like