What are you throwing, 2022?

Was in the waiting room waiting forMy dentist working in Superman with my MFD Forte Las Vegas Nights.

31 Likes

Moar Butterfly (again). I think the new Butterfly might be my favorite fixie. Response is a little less aggressive than my Survivalist so play seems to be more affected by string torsion, which makes for a very engaging experience. Loosen it up for really good spin times for 1A, tighten it back up and it is a snappy moon-shooting 0A machine that excells with stalls and flips.

25 Likes

it popped up on the BST here a couple of weeks ago. i couldn’t resist.

kgb

3 Likes

OD Dang 2

23 Likes

Gold nugget⛰️

32 Likes

“string torsion” @bheinz63 November 2nd 2022

2 Likes

What people commonly refer to as string tension is actually torsion. When you hold the string tight it is under tension

4 Likes

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2 Likes

Cant tell if sarcasm lol

1 Like

nope no sarcasm

2 Likes

I’m just really stupid

3 Likes

Are you double looping the string on the axle? I double loop all my butterflies so far. This one is still in transit to me.

3 Likes

Thats not stupid at all, the entire community at large uses the wrong word. I just felt it important to use that distinction because a lack of tension (tightness) in a fixie causes the response, and string torsion (how twisted the string is) affects how much response is generated

6 Likes

Nope, i do not double loop

1 Like

For what its worth, I’m using Kitty FIrst Class Fat that I stretch fairly hard (harder than I do for unresponsive or bearing responsive). I find the response is not very responsive until the string breaks in then its a real nice experience of adjusting torsion for the level of response I want. I really enjoy how capable at 1A this Butterfly is

2 Likes

I will have to try that out. I use OTS Normal and usually double loop and then don’t have to break in, but as the string gets older (past broken-in to replacement) it will usually stop sleeping in one direction.

I also am not usually throwing 1A on my Butterflies.

2 Likes

i try to stick to cotton with these, but the torsion control is how you adjust for sure.

3 Likes

Highly recommend mixing in some 1A between your stalls and stm’s on the butterfly. This new one is very capable

2 Likes

I dont have any cotton string to try. I only have plastic bodied, metal axled fixies so I just use the same string as I do on everything else

1 Like

Steel 888 88%? Plays better then i thought it would… and its shiny

21 Likes