Also RTD Teh Kauws

Plays similar to the banshee.

18 Likes

Do you have a preliminary report on this research? :face_with_monocle::smile:

6 Likes

Titanium (ring) Tuesday!!!

C3
Omnitron Noah
Bad Wolfe “My Shot” slicc goldilocks string.

Sweetness.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

20 Likes

I’ll be honest i grabbed some of my favorites and a couple i haven’t thrown in forever. Nothing new, Grails, life, MMcs, Duality etc all played as well as i expected and float with an elegant grace. I was very pleasantly surprised by how much i enjoyed throwing the Kappa by yyf and the KO, they are deff excellent and great organics.

7 Likes

Got inspired by Jake Bullock the other day to get working on my 360’s…

OD Rev 1 - Kitty Fat - Duncan dice

21 Likes

The Don on top makes that tower look like an organic mafia organization :laughing:

5 Likes

I did something similar last week and threw every one of my yoyos over three days. At least the same combo for every unresponsive (and a different stall/flip combo for responsive and fixed). Stuck with some of them for a couple more combos and such if they felt right. Was a pretty good time and confirmed each piece’s place on the wall.

5 Likes

That must have been a super fun night

4 Likes

Good mornin yall

26 Likes

I threw every organic I owned and have reaffirmed that the Freehand One is in fact my favorite organic. Still extremely on the fence for whether I prefer the large bearing AL or small bearing plastic though.

AL large bearing feels like a modern yoyo that can basically do anything other than horizontal if you’re good enough. Plastic small bearing is still super capable, and trying to get through modern tricks without snagging or having it prematurely respond is an incredibly fun challenge. Note: I have the plastic set up with a lightly lubed flat bearing and the 12mm pads, kind of like how it is stock. I feel like this kind of yoyo I really want to respond with a tug. Making it entirely unresponsive would remove some of the fun to me.

27 Likes

@mable Is that beatmania IIDX?

Yeah, it’s some gutted cab parts that I use to play at home… it’s also just kind of an alternate desk for me since it’s my secondary computer monitor lol.

12 Likes

I’ll never not be jealous of this.

Ever since I first saw your setup I’ve been actively searching for old cabinets.

4 Likes

They show up for reasonably cheap on Yahoo Auctions Japan from time to time. My partner and I both have our own decks that were sourced this way for like 300-400 bucks (+ like 200 for shipping) each.

I originally thought it was an expensive purchase, but now my brain has been ruined by yoyo prices, so I just view the cost of a deck as “only marginally more expensive than the average titanium yoyo” LOL

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips, I was only searching USA resellers/shops but I haven’t seen one show up anywhere yet even though they were in every arcade here.

The search continues!

1 Like

OD Deep State

20 Likes

Throwing an Mk1 Umbra today!

24 Likes

I hear you are a man of culture, learning about refrigeration by Technology Connections! Love those wrist mount combos too btw :laughing:

2 Likes

Been incredibly unproductive today thanks to these SuperBlack DocPop beauties.

25 Likes

G2

22 Likes