What are "Fool's Gold" yoyos?

The title basically says it all…

I tend to see fool’s gold whenever I’m browsing the CLYW website. What are they?

Fool’s Gold means that they have some kind of minor flaw with them. It’s usually the anodizing that was flawed but it doesn’t affect play at all. Think of them as YYF b-grades.

They might also have a slight vibe to them…but it will be a minor vibe…nothing that will affect play.

What’s anodizing? And you’re positive it won’t affect play? So its perfectly fine for me to get one right?

Thanks for you help… :smiley:

The anodizing is the paint.
It only might have vibe or ano defects.
So its fine.
Lots of my yoyos are b-grades.

1 Like

Anodizing and painting are completely different. The only common bond between the two is the fact that they are both surface treatments.

Whoops. I’ve been pwns.

No offense mrcnja, but you are so good with links, its almost annoying.

fools gold peak is like tied for first as my fav with my dv888, they play great the peak is one amazing throw

1 Like

They help get my point across, give insight to others, and make use of my endless research on things.

it just means that theres minor flaws in the anodizing, no vibe or anything

It doesnt have to be an ano flaw. I could just be vibe or wobble. Ive never had one wobble but vibe, yes.

To summarize:

Fool’s Gold are yo-yo’s with a minor flaw such as anodizing (which is pretty much adding oxides to prevent corrosion and make it smoother) or there is some kind of weight distribution flaw that gives a small vibe. It’s not a big deal and it won’t affect your tricks in any way. (Well grinding experience might be different from a perfect but oh well. Beggars can’t be choosers.)