Weighted yo-yos illegal?

which is apparently wrong because apparently parents know everything which is never the case.

I think these people are what we’d call real life “trolls”

Wait… Parents don’t know everything?

I honestly hate people like that, same with those people who stay stuff like “Kids are meant to be seen, not heard.” Like seriously? Is that supposed to make me GAF?

You should have done as such:
“Awwww that’s illegal too? You mean I gotta get rid of this yoyo, AND the stuff in my bag?”
Walk away throwing arms in the air and shaking head

Profit.

Haru

2 Likes

sigh…this is what’s wrong with the world. Unless you are going to put your child in a padded cell for the rest of their lives things are going to happen. I’m waiting for them to out law letting children ride bikes because they might fall over.

Yoyo’s.
http://i41.tinypic.com/rk23yq.gif

If you want to get technical, you can kill yourself or anyone with just about anything. People get killed with yard tools all the time, yet they don’t go banning those. Ever been to a concert? Ever notice those speakers and lights flown high? Why don’t you take a closer look and see how possible it is to have people killed by a failure of the rigging. People keep smuggling illegal fireworks into California and as a result of improper use they end up maiming themselves, killing themselves or killing animals and/or destroying property, yet there’s been little effort done to stop this. Idiots around me keep buying fireworks that fly up in the air, and every year, one of these idiots end up burning down SOMEONE ELSE’s house due to their own selfish actions.

How many young girls die or get seriously injured every year doing cheerleading?
What are the current mortality statistics for 2012 for driving on public roads? I don’t see driving being banned any time soon. My father in law was killed because he stepped in front of an 18-wheeler(that was his goal BTW), yet I don’t see a band on 18-wheelers tkaing place within my lifetime!

What people fail to realize is that natural selection is always at work. The herd is culled in an amazing number of ever changing ways.

Anyone remember SNL? They had that thing about “unsafe toys”. “Bag of Broken Glass” vs foam ball.

People are gonna do stupid things. Kids are gonna play with things in ways nobody could predict. We play with dangerous things every day. At some point, someone has to accept responsibility for one’s own actions.

Yoyo, you can choke yourself, break a bone, smash into your face. Spin tops can put an eye out. Kendama can cause bruises and broken bones.

It’s just a matter of time before we’re all going to be assigned our own human-sized hamster balls.

Related:

My world history teacher was telling us about how since they have made “Safe” playgrounds, more people are getting injured. People were getting broken bones jumping from swings and such, so people sued. There was a movement to no-moving-parts playgrounds, and more people can actually get injured that way.

If you have kids on a “Safe” playground vs and “Unsafe” playground, the kids on the “Unsafe” playground can get injured more easily because of many more possibilities for injury. However, when you jump off a swing and sprain your ankle or such, you learn your boundaries as a human. If you are raised in a safe “Bubble,” you will not learn your limits and boundaries as a kid, and when you go to do something, say a contact sport, you will have a false sense of security, and are more prone to injury. Meanwhile, the kid that knows their physical limits is more likely to stay uninjured.

I can relate. As a kid, I was always jumping off swings at parks. I never got injured once. Why? Because I knew how hard to push myself. Many others I know got hurt on playgrounds. They hadn’t been doing stuff like that their whole 7 year life.

This excessive over-protective thing we do with young children might protect them now but sooner or later, they’re going to have to go out into the real world. It’s a bit like raising an animal in captivity and then setting it free in the wild where it’s then unable to fend for itself or seek out food. We’re essentially killing our kids with love.

Anyway, back to the original post, it is possible that the parent heard that those water yoyos were banned and misheard it as ‘weighted yoyo’. Seriously, what in high heck is a ‘weighted yoyo’ anyway? I just think of a yoyo with metal weight rings.

Yuki

Y’see, after yoyonacht back in '89, when some dude landed a chaos mount, the entire city went up in flames. Since then, the Thrower’s Consortium banned the mount, and the weight he was throwing. Unfortunately, the records have been lost, but…

3 Likes

^ LOL

This made my day XD

Yuki

Maybe he’s just angry he doesn’t have skill like you. ;D

1 Like

Since when did anything weigh nothing?

whats a chaos mount?

Actually ‘nothing’ weighs nothing… Everything else weighs something. Although some things that weigh almost nothing obviously still weigh something. And some larger things weigh much more than nothing, but a lot less than other things. I was gonna say something else, but it was nothing, really.

1 Like

After reading this thread, I did a little (very little) research via google. Turns out yo yo’s for fishing may be illegal in certain situations for use in Illinois. It looks like there is a kind of fishing reel used for catfishing that is called a yo yo. Maybe that’s what the person was mistaken on.

Yea i was wondering that, but he was talking about my toy. I don’t carry a fishing reel on me -.-

This sir. This made my day ;D