Warning! - Do not BST with clarencelvy!

Facebook group?!?!? What for? So we can hear a bunch of bs excuses for another month. You have two ways to make this right. Send the yo-yos to everyone you took money from or refund everyone their money. That’s it. Those are the only two options you have to show that you are indeed a decent person.

Daniel

8 Likes

Man I can’t fathom pulling such scummy type stuff with peers in a hobby I love. It makes me sad/mad.

5 Likes

Not likely - he doesn’t live in the U.S.

6 Likes

As much as I want him to man up and do the right thing by everyone that still was not the main reason for this post. He has burned so many people and it did not look like he was going to stop! At least the word is out and anyone who is going to buy from him can find this thread and stop before it’s too late! Not much I can do on Facebook as I don’t use it.

So just so everyone knows he did email me. Though all he is doing are more stall tactics and trying to quiet things down. Though he has not once said anything about sending everyone their property or refunding their money. He just continues to lie and deceive.

Daniel

2 Likes

Wow I know a guy locally who around a month ago told people (in a group chat) he got scammed of a total $800 or something. I believe he said the guy he bought it from is in Singapore. I searched the chat for “Clarence Lim” and it was exactly that.

I’ll let him know about this thread too.

4 Likes

This is why it’s appreciated when victims post about their experience as a public service announcement to help prevent others from being scammed.

In any case, Googling the name with “Singapore” and “yoyo” results in a YouTube video of a yoyo competitor named Clarence Lim Vik Yee.

5 Likes

Someone should make a consolidated post with individuals like this. Or are they just banned and we don’t worry about them anymore?

3 Likes

At this point does anyone have an address for this kat? someone needs to call the sheriffs department. If its a kid or an adult a visit from the police will help the situation.

1 Like

He’s in Singapore.

Singapore is very strict on crime

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for all the info on this guy. It looks like he has done this to lots of people and over many platforms. Another YYE member from Singapore sent me this. Thought I should share.

" Hey. Doesn’t look good … this guy has account with an eBay-like site in Singapore called Carousell. He went by the user name dominique96. The name associated with it was Tan (surname) Chin Wan or, I assume, Dominique Tan.

I recognized his previous sales posts there with some of his Facebook postings. His profile was visible as of about 12 hours ago and I was debating whether to share the information. Now, checking again, that account is suspended and his profile page results in a 404 error. But if you Google “dominique96” and “Carousell” you can see in the results that he was selling a YYR FYFO that matches the one he listed on Facebook.

That he was suspended on a local site suggests that his restriction isn’t related to PayPal. PayPal isn’t really used commonly for local P2P transactions. Those are typically bank transfers. He MAY have received payment and ghosted the individual … just guess.

In any case, long story short, you’re probably screwed. I was thinking you could file an online report with the Singapore police, but I’m not sure it’s possible to do so if you (as the reporter) do not have any local identification number."

" Equally could be this dude: 2012AP Preliminary 1A 25 Clarence Lim Vee Yik - YouTube

Actually, this makes more sense. Clarence L(im) V(ee) Y(ik)."

“No idea how the other name(s) square with Clarence Lim but I’m pretty sure it’s the same person. I recall he listed CLYW and OneDrop yoyos in sets of 4-8 but likely deleted the listings as they were no longer visible when I was looking earlier today (before his account was suspended).”

I have only been back to this community over the past few months but there are so many great people on here that share an amazing love for this hobby. I have purchased and traded with so many people on here I am not even sure I can count. Everyone has been awesome to deal with!
Knowledge is what can stop people like him from hurting more members. It’s great to see everyone rally around this!

Thanks again everyone.
Daniel

9 Likes

I am not sure if this could be an option but there is a yoyo store in Singapore called SpinworkX, which they could provide some info on this dude because most SG player just buy there and they might have some past message on delivery address or know friends of his or even help you with police and send out warning to the community. Just a suggestion!!!

4 Likes

I just noticed his listings are still up on the Facebook BST but with comments blocked. I just messaged the admin to see if they can take them down incase someone is searching for a yoyo and messages him unbeknownst to the situation with this guy.

5 Likes

You mean that place where they have public canings for minor offences?

2 Likes

David here.
Yes, I took the post down because he begged me to. I gave him 72 hours. That has been reduced to 48 after discussion in a private group chat, as alluded to by Marek.

I will be posting an update tomorrow to FB and also here, probably. I do not expect him to come through with the return. He double sold the yoyos that I bought from him, so I am teetering on the edge of my last straw of patience, which is, as many will attest, very extensive.

I do not like to jump to conclusions or make claims that are not backed by evidence. However, until this is resolved, nobody should make a deal with this guy. It has been a nightmare so far, and he has not redeemed himself yet.

4 Likes

Hey David.

Sorry to hear that you are also getting scammed. That’s all he did with me over and over again. Stall tactics. Just give me a couple of days to get them shipped. Then a week goes by without a peep. Even after a bunch of messages. Once I posted here he tried again with the “sorry for the late reply bro”. He is set up to con people for money it’s as simple as that.
Hopefully we can at least get him shut down on the sights he is doing this on.

Daniel

8 Likes

I bought an Autoscopy from him. Took a while but it arrived no issue. I did hear he had trouble with his PayPal though

I’m active on the G2 discord if you’re wondering about my account being new

1 Like

I am happy you did not get scammed but when someone is selling the same item to multiple buyers it’s a totally different story.

1 Like

Ouch becareful out thr frauds are too much lately

2 Likes

Hey David,

Well it’s been 2 days. Any update?

Daniel

3 Likes