W i d e yoyos

That’s a silly question. Yes… having said that i also got the menento and absurdity last week and they are all out of this world…i want more of all of them :roll_eyes:
Funny yes 543 and polybius? Diffraction?

3 Likes

how is the Absurdity?

3 Likes

It lives up to its name. It’s a lot if fun…iv thrown all three daily since ive got them… absurdity seems to catch every string trick i throw, (granted im not that skilled😆), and keeps spinning strong.
Umbra feels more light and floaty … more relaxed but also for its size seems like a magnet to catch those strings.
Memento feels like a beautifully organic experience.
Just wrtting your reply makes me want to take all three to work today.

3 Likes

yes the umbra has 51mm width and the wangle has a 48mm width

2 Likes

Umbra is 55mm wide, not 51mm. It’s the same concept as the 543 where the width and diameter are the same

2 Likes

The 543 is my #1 wide throw. Umbra is right there also. The galaxy diver 7075 is 49.79 mm wide and is incredibly stable and powerful. The galaxy remaster is really great too and around 52-53 wide.

Has anybody tried the IX? 63.9 x 64. It weighs 73 grams which seems a bit heavy, but I have yyj hybrids close to that weight and I like them. Gap can be changed for 1A or 4A. I’ve come so close to buying so many times, but it seems like a lot of cabbage for what would likely be a niche throw for me. I do love hybrids.

3 Likes

or the 1drop 1:1

1 Like

I want a wide angle shutter so bad but don’t know if I should spend the money!

2 Likes

They should put a wide angle shutter in a yoyoexpert mystery box, its cheaper!

2 Likes

I got an edge and a wedge in a mystery box once and it was the best day of my life!

3 Likes

It’s an awesome yoyo for sure. Gentry makes it look good too :smile:

2 Likes

My widest yoyos include the Trashcan (50mm), Serenade (50mm), 543 (54mm) and Umbra (55mm).

I play all of these a lot but I designed the Umbra and it’s my favorite of the bunch, accordingly. Trashcan’s a bit sharp but the Serenade and 543 are just plain nice to play and use. Width gives you lots of design real estate for nice broad rims.

PLSTC is almost up there at 47.3 mm or so. It’s pleasant and I use it more than a lot of metal yoyos I own.

2 Likes