Vs Newton??

Trust me. I do not believe what he did was right in ANY such way. My mom’s friend lost her life to cancer… But, I highly doubt he thinks what he did was the right thing to do.
I sympathize for him, because it takes a messed up mind to do that. He has a problem.
I do not blame the sick-minded.
I used to have kleptomania, and after two years of therapy, I live by pure ethics.
I guess I just know what it is like to be in his situation, I stole 40 dollars from my BEST friend.
I lost my friend, and I am still living in absolute guilt and would trade everything in the world to have him in my life again, but he would refuse.
It kills me everyday what I did as a split decision.
It is impulse control.

Sympathy? Now imagine your friend had cancer and you knew it and instead of 40 it was 4,000.

My friend did/does have cancer…

I concede. You have all the answers.

Thing is, I am not mad at anyone who doesn’t sympathize with him. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of the incident.

I am unable to follow ALL the details.

In a nutshell:
Heath says he’s gonna sell stuff and give the proceeds to the ACS.
Heath sells the stuff, doesn’t give the proceeds to the ACS.
People find out that Heath didn’t give the money to the ACS.
Heath is catching flack(justifiably) for not giving the money to the ACS.

1: No crime has been committed. Sorry. True.
2: Poor judgement, ethics and morality has been displayed by Heath.
3: Heath is suffering the repercussion for his actions, or lack of actions.

Sorry. Don’t say you’re gonna do all these wonderful things and don’t follow through. Even charities exist to make money. As they say, charity begins at home.

But, it’s one think for Heath to say “OK, I’ve covered my costs, and an administrative fee” and then say “OK, after all expenses, this is what’s left over, and therefore that’s what’s going to the ACS”. Even if sales brought in $4K, but his out of pocket costs(materials and so on) was let’s say $1200, and then he’s gonna pocket another $400 for administrative and overhead, that’s still $2400 that should be heading to the ACS. But I’m just slinging numbers around.

Don’t give to charity to make yourself look good. Give to charity because it’s the right thing to do.

I think of it like this:

Michael Jackson; love his music, dont like his actions.

Heath; Love his throws, dont like his actions.

You can enjoy something whether its songs, food, or yo-yos, but you dont have to like the creator.

Cheers,

1 Like

I agree completley

Nope.

The vast majority of the items were donated by people/companies.

A pledge to make a donation is a contract, so it’s sad but yes, a crime was committed.

I don’t know where this nutshell is but it’s not the nutshell we’re talking about. Heath physically posted the items for sale and ran the auction, but he never owned the items.

He didn’t just not donate, he pretended to run a charity auction and kept the money from the sale of other people’s things.

Also, all this administrative cost and overhead nonsense is just that. None of this was ever part of the deal. You can’t volunteer your time and then decide that you have overhead to cover when the auction is over. That’s not how volunteering works.

Stookie, you need to understand something. StudioChris42Pickett uses logic developed in a Galaxy far, far away. You could call it, Fantasyland. He puts a situation into his mental processing center and comes up with resulting illogical perspectives that a Scientist could not discover during a Colonoscopy, even if he had the eyes of an Eagle and an electron microscope.
In this instance, he develops a Story ‘from a story’. Which is basically a hypothetical, implausible, illogical version of the actual story.
In stating that Heath committed no crime, he identifies how detached his supposition is.

To compound his poor understanding of this Charity situation, Studio squeezes your senses with ‘The Costs and Administrative fee’ theory. < Heath said that ALL the money raised would go to the Charity… ALL.
Heaths’: time, trouble, out of pocket expenses, etc., should have been part of his personal contribution to the Charity. If he raised 4300, then the check he cut should have been 4300.

To me, this is a very Simple case. Heath is just one of those people that you can’t trust with other peoples’ money. Some people are just like that. If any of you guys pay attention to the news, you see ‘Money mismanagement stories All Year long’. Sports agents, City clerks, Stockbrokers,Celebrity agents, Charities All over the World < misusing other people’s money. Their Clients’ money or their fundraisers’ money all of a Greedy sudden, becomes their 'checking account.

I actually believe that Heath was totally well meaning when he started his Fundraising. Then as the money stacked up, he did not think it was any big deal to spend a little on this or that. Then once the ‘Stupid factor’ kicks into gear, the lying starts like a runaway train. Money is like Crack to some. Like a chick with a new Credit card… Let’s go shopping; Whoo hoo!

Heath put off thinking about his misdeed until he went soo far that he totally knew he screwed up Big time. When JRod and a few others put the screws to him; he either had to: leave our Solar system or Fess up and basically fall weakly on the Mercy of the Yo-yo’ Peoples’ Court. Anybody/Anybody, like in ‘Anybody’ that even thinks Heath could never go to Jail for this Crime; knows nothing about ‘The Law’. And should refrain from even having a Studio Type opinion.

Personally, I do not think Heath should do the Cross bar Hotel for being an Idiot. I do not for a second think he has a Criminal mind. I believe his weakness turning to greed, turned him into a criminal offender.
I believe he should be made to make Full Restitution; supervised by a Court system and be made to do a few hundred hours of Community Service at a Cancer Wing of some Hospital in his area. So he can get a good look at people suffering, when people like him are raising money for them, but spending it on themselves.

I also do not believe for one second that Heaths’ poor judgement should devalue the many Fine yoyos that people have. That,’ I wouldn’t own one of the Scumbags yoyos,is sheer foolishness’.
Heath is not O.J. Simpson. Heath just made a Serious error in judgement and then made numerous lies trying to cover it up.
I have: 2 Tiwalkers, 1 Skywalker, 3 Battosais, etc., and I love me all. I have zero hesitation throwing any of them. The guy is not a Witch. He is not a Killa. He is not a Rapist. He is just a guy that let a Stack of money make him an Idiot.

Anybody that has bothered to read this post, should just thank their lucky stars that they did not Screw up like Heath.

He has to live with the reality of what he did. If he has a ‘regret mode’ in his brain, his mind is already doing Life. He will never forget.

I don’t think what he did is Unforgivable. And it is not for any of us to think we have the power/authority to be the Unforgivers. But as fellow Yoers, we can cut him some slack down the road. < But first he must Pony up… You play you pay. Let us see how motivated he actually is to make up for what he did.

There is a very old saying, ‘Remember when you point the finger at somebody, look down at your hand and you will notice that there are 3 fingers pointing back at you’. Don’t be too fast to get a rope, just because you aren’t the Dope.

Nobody wants to be in Heaths’ shoes right now. Not even Heath.

I look forward to the guy stepping up and squaring things.

I would suggest holding off on any final Character judgements until we all find out what Heath does to make Amends.

1 Like

Personal attacks are not only childish - they are way out of line.

I do not think that Heath has any amends that he can make. If this was an isolated case - then maybe. But the heart of this entire matter is a pattern of deceit and lying to people and business associates over a period of years.

This goes for everyone, not just Studio42. If you don’t have all the details for a situation, please refrain from weighing in as though you are an authority on the matter. Doing so just fosters the spread of false information, like the line I’m quoting separately below.

Heath committed multiple felonies. Everyone interested in chiming in on this needs to understand the severity of this situation.

1 Like