Vs. Newton Charity Issues

Sad, but true. :cry:

Now that is really unforgivableā€¦ did he do this in conjunction, or after he was caught?

Jesus Heath, how many people did you scam?

Guys, not defending him, but at least give him a chance to talk and perhaps explain. You asked him this morning. Given whatā€™s been going on, heā€™s probably busy. Give him some time to respond. Thatā€™s like agreeing to a trade, then the next day asking why you donā€™t have it yet.

2 Likes

This would be concurrent with the other money that was taken, before anyone was the wiser. Heā€™s only been caught for about 2 weeks.

At this point, any answer concerning charity donations besides ā€œyes, that money was donated and hereā€™s proofā€ can be understood as a ā€œnoā€.

More like: agreeing to a trade, then the other person goes silent for 2 years.

Heath has had PLENTY of time to make this right and to come clean. He still hasnā€™t made an outright confession. He dances around the questions, being very careful with what he says.

The only reason heā€™s doing any of this is because he was caught. I suspect heā€™s trying to tie up loose ends before any legal situations arise.

A few users on here are tricked into thinking ā€œOh heā€™s a good guy. Look, heā€™s trying to make things all better.ā€ Good people donā€™t do this, bad people do. None of this was a ā€˜mistakeā€™. Heath did this out of selfishness and greed, and now heā€™s finally paying for it.

See how much trouble you caused, Heath? All for a few dollars. Was it worth it?

1 Like

Or, itā€™s like donating to charities and expecting the money to actually go to the charities. Exactly how could he explain any of this? He has plenty of time to respond. He has time to go on his Facebook page and delete negative comments, why canā€™t he keep a dialogue going? The time for excuses is long gone. Itā€™s time for cold, hard answers.

Heath is only taking care of the charity money he stole, affraid of legal actions? maybe but what about all the people he scammed on the BST, Iā€™m one of them, those poeple will never get any compensation.

Iā€™m just curious of how many poeple were scammed by him, that he can not repair!!!

Cheers

1 Like

I have been lucky enough to get everything I have ever bought from Heath even if it was a little late or didnā€™t have any of the extras that were suppose to be in there but people need to speak up if they didnā€™t get what they bought. Also I really hope you give back the #36 Ti Walker to that kid. He has been waiting for long enough and if you canā€™t fix it then give it back to him dude.

This thread has lost a lot of steam it seems. I hope the moderators are aware of Heathā€™s latest posts and what they allude to

We are aware.

i have spoken to some of the mods over the phone. i cant prevent further action. i have this last receipt for everything owed.

that amount is much more than what the Happy Trees project would have netted in as each one sold only donated 25$ and only 12 were sold according to my sales history on the store

yes, i am currently repairing a Ti Walker. the owner has been contacted and it is shipping out tomorrow. if you feel you have been wronged in some BST deal or something like that, PM me. i will try and sort it out.

what i did was wrong. i am sorry that i let you guys down. i cannot prove it in any way, but it was never my intent for it to be this way. i let VsNYYCs finances get way out of hand and hurt a lot of people in the process. i have righted the monetary end of that wronging, and intend to leave now.

3 Likes

Everything is done, at least in my opinion. It takes a big man to hone up to his mistakes, even if he was wrong, and wrong, and wrongā€¦

But anyway, I hope you guys didnā€™t just drive Heath out of the entire community. People screw up. Acknowledge that. Sure, stealing from charities is disgusting, but, live and let die, and hopefully we didnā€™t just lose a great company.

I am glad that Heath has at least made restitution. I wouldnā€™t go so far as to give him credit for owning up to it himself seeing as how every bit had to be squeezed by outside parties, but Iā€™m glad the money went to the charities and itā€™s better than nothing at all.

But, as for this community, I donā€™t think what youā€™re asking is realistic. Weā€™ve discovered that this has been taking place over multiple projects for years, and itā€™s all been covered up with deceit. Forgiveness in this circumstance is accepting the fallability of humans and letting go of oneā€™s anger, but it does not involve ā€œlive and let liveā€ wherein Heath gets to jump back into the fray like nothing happened. VSNYYC as we know it is gone because weā€™ve discovered it wasnā€™t a great company.

2 Likes

Thanks good you took care of the money part of this mess Heath. Also glad the #36 Ti Walker is going back soon. Wish I didnā€™t happen like this. Thanks for the great throws. I will cherish them forever no matter how ugly this mess got.

Mistakes shouldnā€™t dictate your lifeā€¦ at least not ones you can fix.

As far as Iā€™m concerned this is over. It seems to me that Heath has corrected the parts he can correct, what more can you really expect? He seems genuinely apologetic about it. You can forgive him or not, but he certainly shouldnā€™t have to leave an entire community.

Was it wrong? absolutely, nobody would argue that. Should we be upset? again, of course we should.

The money got where it needed to go, life goes on.

Kyle

3 Likes

I have wondered throughtout all this ifā€¦

1. Heath would sell his company to someone more trustworthy like vega or doc (not necessarily those 2 but you get my examples)? Heath could continue as a limited partnership only to be the designer and engeneer to make yoyos. He could keep say a small percentage of profit after expenses. lets face it, his YoYos are good. Thatā€™s all heā€™s good at though, making them. He needs someone else at the helm. Be organized, be trustworthy, and hold the company to the highest standard.

2. If that was to happen, would the YoYo community except VSNYYC back? Could the community except him back if he wasnā€™t in charge or responsible for anything except the quality and workmanship of the YoYos themselves?

3. If not, can Heath sell VSNYYC to someone else all together (design plans and all)? Would the community except VSNYYC that way?

4. Or if we are just content letting this company and itā€™s good designs fade away into history.

I honestly donā€™t know right now which is better. Maybe the mods could make a poll across all the forums to see what exactly the community as a whole expects of heath. Itā€™s only fair the community decides as it was the community that suffered the consequences of his actions (the ACS was effected to but it casted a dark shadow on all of us and misinterpreted our good nature).

I also would like to thank doc and Vega for taking a 50,000 candle watt powered searchlight and lighting that shadow away with a well quick response auction on ebay. You guys are the best! Bravo!

1 Like

So what if he designs good yoyos. If someone handed any of you the money to have a yoyo of your own design created, I bet itā€™d play good unless you pay no attention to what makes a good yoyoā€“which is pretty obvious. Itā€™s just a narrow range of parameters. Diameter: 50mm-58mm; Width: 36mm-46mm; Weight: 60g-70g; Shape: just copy a popular, proven design and put your own tweak on it. Bam. Take that to a competent machinist, and you too can be a ā€œgoodā€ yoyo designer. The Skywalker is not some magic bean that you should trade the family cow for or anything like that. Who gives a rats *** if Heath makes good yoyos?

Newsflash, EVERY high-end yoyo released in the past few years and into the foreseeable future is a good yoyo. Thatā€™s why everytime thereā€™s a major new release, people are gushing in the review forums about how itā€™s one of the best theyā€™ve played. All new yoyos are best. Itā€™s harder to design/make a bad yoyo than youā€™d think as long as you arenā€™t ignorant of what makes a yoyo goodā€“which is as easy as noticing details in the yoyos you already like. You can even take a chance on an ā€œextremeā€ design and half the time those are good players too. So the dude can design a yoyo, whoopty-doā€¦ anyone with a pen and paper, enough money and the phone number of a good machinist can do that.

3 Likes

hahaha Iā€™ve never noticed for some reason thag all new yoyos are ā€œthe bestā€,thatā€™s pretty true. Which is why you decided to switch it up and make a bad one :wink:
Iā€™m completely joking, Iā€™m pysched for the Answer.

1 Like