Vanadium yo-yo

we want to carve a yo-yo out of vanadium. maybe someone is interested?

2 Likes

Would it be raw vanadium or a high-vanadium steel alloy?

3 Likes

high-vanadium steel alloy

3 Likes

these yo-yos are made of grade 5 titanium and brass rings

5 Likes

all yo-yos can be bought

3 Likes

Unfortunately I am poor at the moment. I will help you bump this though because they are very obviously of quality make

3 Likes

each yo-yo is sharpened by hand and checked for vibration

3 Likes

What would be the price point of such a thing. Also what would be the weight. I feel like a full size would be heavy.

4 Likes

weight will be about 70-71 grams

3 Likes

New titan

6 Likes

3 Likes

whats that side effect throw?

1 Like

I would say it is not a great material for yoyo because it is reactive aka toxic metal and only be used in alloy rather than machining it straight from a raw Vanadium unless you have some extremely hard coating to prevent it directly interacting with human skin. Also with high density and hardness, the cost to manufacture alone is quite expensive.

3 Likes

Lad says he’s using high vanadium steel alloy although I’m not sure about its properties regarding toxicity

2 Likes

If that is the case then it may be a good take with for example Chromium-vanadium steel alloy since Vanadium in alloys is safe to use but still with difficulties in machining, the yoyo could take a while for this to land a good project

2 Likes

If it’s used for tool production I’m sure it’s ok to at least handle. If you eat your yoyo and get vanadium poisoning there are other things to be concerned about

2 Likes

I assume you mean polished by hand? Some of these are really beautiful.

1 Like

chemical properties of vanadium

1 Like

190$

1 Like

What os tge density of this material?

1 Like