USPS Is losing it. My Yoyo is on a USA tour!

I made a purchase on the BST. Shipped quickly expected in a few days. It almost made it here then went east. All I have to say is the drugs must be really really good. ( progress reads bottom to top)

(Im in Snata cruz. 1/2 hr from San Jose)

On the Way

Arrived at USPS Facility

PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 2, 2026 3:29 AM

Departed USPS Facility

AVONDALE, AZ 85323

October 1, 2026 11:11 PM

Arrived at USPS Facility

AVONDALE, AZ 85323

October 1, 2026 8:51 PM

In Transit to Next Facility

September 30, 2026 9:10 PM

Arrived at USPS Facility

SAN JOSE CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 30, 2026 8:13 PM

In Transit to Next Facility

September 30, 2026 12:01 PM

In Transit to Next Facility

September 29, 2026 11:57 PM

Departed USPS Facility

DENVER CO DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 29, 2026 7:02 PM

Arrived at USPS Facility

DENVER CO DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 29, 2026 1:49 PM

Arrived at USPS Facility

KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 27, 2026 12:03 PM

Arrived at USPS Facility

SPRINGFIELD MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 26, 2026 11:57 AM

Departed Post Office

SPRINGFIELD, MO 65804

September 26, 2026 8:15 AM

USPS in possession of item

SPRINGFIELD, MO 65804

September 25, 2026 3:20 PM

8 Likes

I own several yoyos that have visited more cities than I have. Thanks USPS!

1 Like

Hey bro…. USPS has been ground traveling mail now! No more airmail if you’ve noticed!? I have written my Illinios senators to help support and see why this is happening? You plight with USPS has become the norm… why? Because the current administration refuses to support USPS or postal service period!! Is dumb and unamerican not to fund & support the national postal service!! Can anyone imagine NO mail??? Vote

4 Likes

USPS loses 6 to 10 billion dollars per year. UPS and Fedex manage to deliver millions of packages per year and make money at the same time, instead of throwing away billions of taxpayer dollars. Why does government have to be involved in the package delivery business? And why should we all have to pay for it?

I had a package take a month to go from Boston to New York which which is a three hour drive

Uses has literally been a joke lately The shipping with them has been garbage. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had. Packages end up in syracuse, drive an hour and a half the wrong direction to rochester, turn around, go back to syracuse, never get scanned and end up at my doorstep.

Or shipping delays like crazy Or shipping delays like crazy? I shipped a couple of yoyos that got delayed for 1-2 weeks.

Or I get the shipping where it’s in. Let’s say north carolina, and it literally never gets scanned until it gets here. So I never know where it is

A post service is one of the 20 enumerated powers in the Constitution. My question is why aren’t taxpayers dollars being used to support one of the few services the federal government is actually supposed to provide?

4 Likes

The constitution gives Congress the “right to establish post offices”. It does not guarantee the eternal existence of a bloated, inefficient agency that loses more money and has less relevance every day. The only reason USPS survived as long as it did was that it was granted exclusive rights to ship first class mail (letters) by federal law. Stamps used to be big business. How many letters have you sent lately?

the USPS exists so when you mail something into the middle of nowhere in the colorado wilderness it doesn’t cost you $350, and ensures that everyone actually receive mail because private carriers don’t service everyone

6 Likes

I think private carriers would be happy to service everyone. Amazon seems to like it. Besides, it’s not like USPS would disappear. Their assets would be absorbed into the global network, one way or another.

amazon literally loses billions a year on shipping.. it’s only sustainable because amazon has other revenue streams

..which is exactly how the USPS works too, it’s a service for the taxpayers

never mind that amazon propped up it’s shipping logistics with the USPS for last mile delivery for a LONG time to build up their logistics/supply chain

6 Likes

Yet another evidence of our founding documents being forsaken

That’s a fair point, but everyone, including USPS and Amazon, are part of a global network that is becoming more seamless everyday. I see packages handed off from one carrier to another all the time.

this global network only works/exists because of the government/country-level carriers being willing to do the last-mile delivery 5-6 days a week. the last-mile part is the most expensive part of shipping by far and all of the private carriers often contract-out for zip codes that they deem too rural, or for PO boxes in many cases

in the world where the USPS doesn’t exist the second a route stops becoming profitable there’s minimal incentive to keep servicing it. you can relate it back to power grids in rural areas when we were first building out a lot of the power grid, back when utilities were largely private only cities were being connected and farms/more rural properties skipped before legislation resulted in funding for these rural areas

7 Likes

Obviously there would have to be legislation to go along with the removal of the USPS. We can’t have people not getting their mail because it’s not profitable. This is just my opinion, but even if you have to subsidize delivery to every address in the country, I have to believe it will cost much less overall to have it done by a private, for profit company than by an entitled government agency that doesn’t seem to care how much money it loses. USPS shipping isn’t cheap, AND I have to pay for it with taxes. meh.

Once it’s all in the hands of private carriers, what makes you think they won’t raise prices as much as they can? They are only as low as they are because of the existence of a federally subsidized, universally available competitor. Anecdotally, USPS has the lowest shipping prices I have access to, unless I go through a third-party, online-only service. Which is actually using USPS as their carrier anyways, they just managed to secure bulk pricing.

7 Likes

based on how well we’ve seen broadband/telecom/internet legislation work i have slim to zero hope for a privatized corporation to do anything other than prioritize profitability for its shareholders

6 Likes

Just my two cents, but I’ve overall had very few complaints with USPS, both shipping and receiving. Not none to be sure, but given how frequently I get stuff from them, it works quite well. (Based on living in big cities and rural areas.) By contrast, I’ve had more issues with FedEx and UPS (each!) than USPS over the years, despite using the private carriers less frequently and despite them being more expensive. The main place where the private carriers have an edge is speed. Again, not to say OP’s situation isn’t frustrating, or that private carriers wouldn’t do it better here, just saying it’s not a reason to defund the postal service…!

5 Likes

Private corporations are legally bound to prioritize profitability for their shareholders. That usually happens by giving their customers a good product at a reasonable price. Government agencies sadly have no such motivation.

1 Like

for these large corporations it usually happens by pushing labor costs onto someone else, since in the amazon example they abuse subcontractors and gig work to avoid paying livable wages leaving them to instead rely on government benefits

UPS for example avoids this by charging higher per-package delivery costs, includes things such as fuel surcharges, and also using the USPS for many last-mile deliveries

4 Likes