Update on the shutter want your guy's opinion please

Had a yo-yo arrive today with a super tight bearing seatā€¦ thought it came with a stripped axle because it was really resistant to screwing in. Turned out the bearing wasnā€™t completely flat in the seat.

So that could be the issue potentially. Otherwise unless you really messed up the bearing seat with your pliers Iā€™d say youā€™re probably fine. Is the fingernail vibe present after you touch it? Sometimes wider yo-yos can vibe easier without a literal perfect throw. If you tap it and thereā€™s still noticeable vibe there might be an issue.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t remember I mean I looked at my video when I posted you know my first experience with the shutter it was a lot more quiet than it was now and it felt more stable to Iā€™m definitely not satisfied lol thank you for the advice, Iā€™m so sorry that happened to you, it stinks, thatā€™s one thing with this forum you know we all donā€™t know each other but we all have the same thing in common the love for yoying, so we all can feel each otherā€™s pain enjoy whatever the situation is haha Iā€™m corny

1 Like

Yeah I had the same experience of ā€œwait did that feel like that before I unscrewed the yo-yo.ā€

Sometimes bearings are just loud after a little play too, especially center tracks, and if the vibe is only noticeable when you do the fingernail test i wouldnā€™t sweat it.

I donā€™t think so because when I finally got it to loosen up the top half of the yoyos cockeyed and crooked a little bit and then my stomach drop it seems like the threads on the axle were crooked or something because itā€™s not stripped but when I go to tighten it back up at like squeaks and stuff Iā€™m really disappointed and how this thing was made, you know apparently there was only I think 30 or 40 of these made you know 10 of each color you know this is the shutter wide-angle the icon signature series I saw a video of him at the factory and they he said that theyā€™re doing 10 of each of the colors so you think they would have made them with a little bit of care and not just pumping amount on an assembly line

And it was a lot more expensive than the regular shutter I know the shutter wide-angle supposed to be an upgrade and everything but so far Iā€™m really not impressed but Iā€™ve never through a regular shot or so I donā€™t have anything to compare it to I tell you I have the worst luck when it comes to yoyos until I get my edge beyond taken and then this and every single one I have is dinged up is that a sign or something LOL

Yeah Iā€™m pretty pissed right now this thing is not playing right at all I mean Iā€™ve only had it for a few hours but itā€™s definitely different than it was before I took it apart I should have never taken it apart, it sounded loud I thought it needed to be lubedā€¦ Idkā€¦

Have you tried a different bearing? Sometimes center tracks are just trash.

1 Like

I love YYF for a lot of reasons. But Iā€™ve had two throws that were never the same after unscrewing them just once. I just straight up donā€™t unscrew almost anything anymore. Just my dif-e-yos because theyā€™re built like tanks.

1 Like

@Chrisdoc145 Hey bud, if you arenā€™t happy with it I would contact Ben at yoyofactory (contact@yoyofactory.com). They have excellent customer service and can likely help you out!

5 Likes

Not even your one drops?

Yea I thought about it, Iā€™m horrible when it comes to that kind of stuffā€¦ I always let it go, I guess thatā€™s why alit of ppl have taken advantage of me over the years cause they know I wonā€™t do anything about itā€¦thatā€™s horrible isnā€™t it

I unscrewed my cascade (stolen) twice. Once to put a concave, once to put the original bearing back. My method is to hold the yo with the axel pointing down so the half basically drops off, I carefully screw it on the same way. I havenā€™t purchased an OD since, some sort of physiological issue were the memory of getting an expensive throw swiped makes me stay away. Like how you might not date for a while after a bad breakup. Iā€™m dying to get a new one but want to trade because I feel like Iā€™m $100 invested with nothing too show for it.
Also note that was likely before I had my YYF issues.

2 Likes

This is sounding like itā€™s a pretty tight bearing post so my initial guess is that the bearing is stuck on it a little crooked. If you think itā€™s tight to the point that itā€™s a major detriment I would contact wherever you bought the yo-yo from.

1 Like

Yeah a few other people suggested I should contact where I got it Iā€™m not good at that, confrontation and I did not mix very well you know and I like ben over at yoyo factory you know I feel like Iā€™d be doing something wrong if I called up and complained I know that sounds stupid but I donā€™t know itā€™s playing okay now I put a different string on and I looked it up and it still got a little bit of vide but itā€™s a wider yoyo itā€™s supposed to have I guess a little bit of vibe

Ben also wants you to be happy with your product. Politely using customer service doesnā€™t make anyone mad.

4 Likes

Yea I know, thank you for your advice

Try tightening the yoyo a little more if possible. Bearing might not be sitting in all the way

If I can unscrew my yoyos like this and have no issues I think you should be ok unscrewing your yoyos normally regularly

First of all, itā€™s virtually impossible for a machine shop to thread a yo-yo [or axel] crookedly. Most of these are made on really high Precision machinery, itā€™s not like theyā€™re hand threading these axle holes.

Second, itā€™s perfectly normal for some bearing posts to be so tight that they squeak when you screw them together or unscrew them. CLYW typically has really tight (squeaky) posts.

And third, if your yo-yo looks visibly crooked after screwing it all the way back together, you probably accadentally cross-threaded it. I have a hard time believing that they would have sold a completed yoyo in that poor of a condition. I mean, itā€™s possible, but highly unlikely.

Unless Iā€™m missing something, this is my assessment of the problem.

3 Likes