Underrated yoyos

I like the Zenith.

It’s commonly acknowledged as a good beginner yoyo. I have it as one of my main throws period.

It explains why it is underrated.

May they rest in peace :')

the anarchist is great. a wonderfully fast paced organic.everybody just sleeps on it.the core is a great throw too.

I think they’re working on a 2014 TRVTH :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the Zenith is amazing and not very well known. I like it.

1 Like

With so many people trying new yoyos and talking about them in detail the same day they try them (10000 people registered on this site alone,) it is hard for something new to have the chance to be underrated now.
Like the speedaholic was cheap, and could have been passed over, but a lot of people tried them and concluded pretty quickly that they are quite good for such a cheap price, same with the Duncan torque for example.
The yoyo community makes these decisions pretty quickly and are usually right IMO.
You hear people go on about the shutter, the shutter, the shutter, well it is a great throw. They are right.

I think the most underrated throws are the ones from the past that haven’t had the luxury of being tested and talked about by so many people worldwide so quickly.

So hype.

I assume you mean the usually highly rated throws are based on hype.
What are some recent yoyos that you think don’t deserve the praise?

Or are we using “so hype” in the compliment way?

I’m not hip anymore… :cry:

Auldey Magnum. It is a great yoyo and it is not hyped up like Ares Star and other high end metals in Asia.

Am I the only person who didn’t like the Bonfire? Especially the latest run. Eww. Vibe.

Actually, I have a Jack Rabbit Bonfire and it is one of the Smoothest and best playing yoyos I have. It is even Smoother than either of my Oxy Hyperions.

On another note; I honestly think the Aftershock should have sold out in less than 30 minutes. It is such a slick Yoyo. Smooth, stable, powerhouse. Doesn’t feel heavy on the string. It is not a real fast yoyo(like the Genyo Amplitude), but it flows really well at medium speed(think, Guy Wright, instead of Paul Han).

Also, the G-Squared Triton is a Trick killa.

And the Yoyofactory Shu-Ta is a Beast! The YYF Horizon is another under-appreciated Yoyo. The power of a Horizon spinning; is something you have to experience, to understand. Few yoyos at any price, spin like the Horizon.

I seriously think ‘most current’ yoyos are 'underrated.

And sadly, some of the yoyos that sell out the Fastest, are overrated.

Go figure.

1 Like

I agree with you. I’m just saying that hype is one of the main drivers of a talked about throw. Like the King Spin Chronicle and the CLYW Bonfire. Both are similarly priced but the Bonfire had more hype. Making it a vastly more talked about throw, even though the Chronicle is just as if not better than the Bonfire.

Zeekio Space Monkey

Sorry Yoyos Ratchet! Getting another second run!

'09 Severe
(h5)

1 Like

FLOW and Prodigy. Any Northampton/ Massachusetts companies (Such as a yomega prodigy or glide. Both amazing)

Tune it out. As long as you haven’t dropped it, you should eventually find a bearing and axle configuration that goes dead smooth.

And vibe is hardly a reason to dislike the yoyo altogether :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats not what I meant. I don’t like the feel of the Bonfire, so I never bought one. Th vibe was just one part that i thought i should mention.