Unconventional thin Lube

Hey guys I’m sorta like an intermediate yoyoer, but I found something new. A couple years ago I when I used to yoyo i had a fireball and i needed lube somewhere online i read that i needed oil so i stupidly used olive oil and my yoyo became VERY unresponsive, at the time i thought my yoyo was messed up forever and threw it away. I had no idea what unresponsive play was. And well i started yoyoing again and remembered that and tried it out on my old F.A.S.t 201 and it again worked. The pro’s i found of using this are that it is very easy to clean and obtain. I don’t have to put my bearing in mineral spirits which i heard is sometimes harmful to bearings.

so if you have an old yoyo you don’t use try it out and tell me what the results wer

Note: Just because this worked for me does not mean it will work for you try at your own risk.

I’d be a bit concerned that it would get rancid and gummy over time. And it doesn’t seem to be very thin to me. Looks to be more like mazolla.

If you lube it with Olive oil and clean it with vinager does that make a bearing salad?

1 Like

i got my gum on my screen because of that i laughed so hard.