Two New Yo-Yos from TopYo! The Black Bird & The Button!

The Button is an innovative new hollow body design from TopYo. This hybrid model is plastic with metal anodized metal hubs for durability and a really cool look. It has a comfortable feel in the hand and a really unique feel on the string that doesn’t sacrifice performance. The soft curved profile paired with the hollow body design gives it a lighter feel in play with plenty of spin power for those longer intricate tricks.

The Black Bird is a no frills pure performance design with a clean simple aesthetic. It has an impressively powerful feel on the string with ample speed and stability. The thick rims maximize spin power and helps hold spin through complex tech and off plane tricks.

A beautifully soft grind finish, simple engraving, and an affordable price tag. The Black Bird is everything you need in a new high performance throw!

4 Likes

Ah yeah this Button is really interesting!

2 Likes

From the pic and the name I assumed that the Button was an undersized yoyo. It’s not!

I wonder if being made of plastic and being hollow if it actually can “float” in water?!?Could be the floatiest yoyo ever if so!

2 Likes

I feel so stupid because I almost looked up “orking” on urban dictionary. :joy:

7 Likes

Button seems kind of gimmicky tbh…

I’m way past the point of buying yo-yos cuz they’re different.

1 Like

haha I caught that too! I was going to contact Garrett about the typo but got distracted and forgot! :stuck_out_tongue:

I buy many yo-yos specifically because they are different. I love a good yo-yo gimmick, and shiny packaging also gets me. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Oh!

ORKING

of animals: thrusting one’s snout into a camera’s lens when your photograph is taken, resulting in a fish-eye view where the nose appears disproportionately large.

The photographers who encourage this are known as orkers. Most notably: Cow Orkers, given cows’ propensity to enable this.

Also: puppy orking, cat orking.

/sigh…I have too much free time on my hands.

3 Likes

Ok an angular metal yoyo for $30 is always hype.

3 Likes

I definitely get that mentality and I followed it myself in the past, but I can’t justify it to myself anymore. I don’t want to buy something I’ll use every once in a while, I want everything I buy to fight for the top spot in my line up.

The only reason I’m buying anything right now that isn’t within my narrow range of preferences is there are a lot of yo-yo design elements that weren’t present last time I was into it that could alter my preferences. I’ve already tried a wider design that made me realize I don’t like anything too wide, now I just need to try a heavily rim weighted bi metal, a bell shape and a w shape.

1 Like

5 Likes

The design on the button makes me think of a square yoyo! Lol. Definitely curious though!

Nooooooo! Spellcheck how could you do this to me!?

4 Likes

Super curious how the Button plays. Offbeat designs always seem like gimmicks until someone discovers something amazing.

Can’t hit a home run if you don’t take a swing.

4 Likes