Trick List

Somebody else having made up a trick doesn’t make it “generic”. And there should be no shame in doing other people’s tricks. (rocks a few times in rocking chair and sips some lemonade) Heck, when we were kids, you were thrilled to just do Rock the Baby, Elevator, and Walk the Dog. That made you an advanced yoyoer. And you could just do those tricks all day!

Seriously, though. There SHOULD be no shame in enjoying doing other people’s tricks. It’s not for everybody, but then again I also see the “I only do my own tricks” people burn out and write “what happens when yoyoing becomes boring?” posts.

I am thrilled to bust out Spirit Bomb, Superman, Rancid Milk, or any number of other people’s tricks. I only have about 3 tricks of my own plus some generic transitions… the rest of the time I’m doing (and perfecting) other people’s tricks and I love it. It’s fun for me. I enjoy it!

That said, I still do agree that capacity to do other people’s tricks on a list is NOT a measure of how advanced you are as a yoyoer. Not that being “advanced” should matter all that much.

I just huck a tethered gyroscope around and have fun, though. What do I know?